my dipstick has been almost impossible to replace After checking. It has a tiny bend on the end of the stick about a 16th of an inch long. Is this normal?. I really have to struggle with this damn thing to get it back in. Just wondering Thanks.

Not sure about the bend. Try slightly rotating the stick as you insert it into the tube. Sometimes that's all it takes.

That tab on the end is an arrow it means point me to the front, towards the radiator. A tip: after you first insert it into the tube grab the dipstick about 4 inches above the end of the tube, wiggle as you push it in. Repeat this till you are close the the end, only then push with the finger hook at the end.

Mine was damaged when we got our RV and I finally broke it, replaced from the dealer, not cheap.

john

Yeah, I figured that it was intentional. I bent it almost straight when I realized that I was prolly wrong.
At least its not a thing I'll have to deal with daily.
Thanks!

don't force it!

when u pull it out pay careful attention to the orientation - put it back in the same way.

feed it in slowly & hold a few inches above the tube - moving your hand back as it goes in. '

works good for me - but you cannot put in like most dipsticks - this should be called something else - maybe a spiral stick as it rotates as it goes in.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue with my 1990. I usually have to grip it a few inches above the return hole and work it in a few inches at a time to get it started.

It makes things interesting if I do not give it a few minutes to cool first.