Exhaust Mani And Intake Feeder Tube From Exhaust Mani

Hey friends,

I'm having a part sourcing problem on my '84 Sunrader. I need to replace the exhaust manifold and intake feeder tube (that runs all the way behind the engine to the intake manifold) and it seems to be a different build than every other model- I haven't seen another after pouring through countless pictures. It's a 22r motor- did they use different builds on these? Is there anywhere to get the parts? Is it possible to rebuild with more standard parts?

Hoping someone out there can help.

Thanks for the forum and to everybody contributing, it's been an amazing resource and a great community.

Hopefully all fixed up soon and on the road where I'll look forward to seeing y'all!

are you in a smog check zone. i believe that tube you are describing is an ext gas recirculater. some parts are dealer only some can be bought in good after market parts houses napa . carquest . what is wrong with the ones on there . broke or cracked. i seem to recall the 22r was made in a early and later series someone on here will know more for sure

That photo didn't post. I know the pipe you're talking about. Your best bet is a junkyard or Internet classifieds. Like yotatech or something. I know how frustrating finding some parts for these can get...but in general parts for all the toyota r-series motors are easily available. We're pretty lucky.

They should all be more or less the same...maybe slight variations between different years. I think 84 and 85 had some changes that are unique to just those years...but still it shouldn't be hard...

If you get one used, it's pretty much guaranteed to be plugged with carbon, end to end. Is yours missing? Broken? If it were me, and as 5Toyota is hinting at, not in an area where you need to pass smog, your best option is just forgetting that piece and plugging the holes. It's part of a system which is 90% of the time plugged and not functioning anyways in a 30 year old truck.