The Dolphin Vs Wanderlodge

One night, arriving at the KOA in Albequerque, we pulled in for late check-in. Ahead of me was a 35' Bluebird Wanderlodge. I had a conversation with the driver about our vehicles. Both of us had a cool "vintage" machines that you just don't see every day.

They are convesation starters.

Well, I was bitten by the Wanderlodge bug.

Long story short, we bought a 1989 FC35 BB Wanderlodge.

Like the Toyota MHs, they are a well kept secret in terms of value. We like them both well enought to keep them.

After driving the big one home, I got behind the wheel of the Dolphin for a 120 mile drive, and it felt like a sports car. They are both comfortable.

Differences - 7 mpg vs 15 mpg. 32,000 lbs vs 6000 lbs. Fill the tank at $800 vs $50. They both have six tires, but figure $3600 vs $650 for a set installed. Seven batteries vs two.

Similarities - they've both depreciated about as far as they will, as long as they are well maintained. We drive them both at 60-65 mph. They both take the Rocky Mnts at 35-45 mph.

The BB could tow the Dolphin. The Dolphin shouldn't tow much if anything.

The Dolphin Boodnocks for a day or two, the BB in comfort for a week easy.

There are great Forums for both, which enable us to keep them running.

They're both "keepers".

post-7621-0-79110600-1392157700_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Does your BB have the diamond plate roof?

Does your BB have the diamond plate roof?

Yes, has the diamond plate roof and "goat rails" at the perimeter. Really cool. Also has a pair of flood/spot lights remote operated from the driver's seat. These would be cool on a dolphin. Hmmm... maybe a future project?

Yep good stuff, with a Toy you have to be very careful about being on the roof. Where as with the BB you could hold a square dance there with no problems.