Not one I'd stummbled across before.

http://vehicle-recalls.findthedata.org/l/28265/Gardner

Of course if your rear axle has been upgraded, nothing to worry about

Haven't heard of the specific recall but have heard about exactly that same thing happening to several Sunrader owners. Axle didn't fail the wheel itself did. There have been some 5 lug duallies near me for sale for a long time that have that defect. Of course I don't think he's going to find a buyer. One of the ladies on the toyota-camper group just had hers re-welded.

Linda S

Stewart Gardiner never spent a penny he didn't have to. Would have been the same toyota axle everybody got. All the wheels breaking I have heard of have been on shorty's. I'm guessing it's the way they were driven. Too easy to tear out in these little ones and drive like it's just a truck or in my case a sports car. Call it the fast and furious defect

Linda S

• 1 month later...

I have a 1982 18 Ft. Sunrader (FG18RD) and the paperwork from the Toyota dealer that did the install on the FF axle showed the model No. as FG21RD. This is a little suspicious - I am thinking that the previous owner may have listed it as that, because a recall was not done on the 18 Ft. models. I'm probable wrong and just guessing. Anyone out there ever run into this situation. The recall document was really classy - great photo (8X10) of the new axle/wheels and all parts needed.

Bill