Highly recommended, there are dozens of manufactures just Google backup cameras. I would suggest up high looking down not on the tag bracket. Many have led inferred lights for night use.

• 3 months later...

Do not cheap out on a back up camera. You'll end up with quality that is pure fuzz. I have an old iPad laying around and found a back up camera that transmits video to iPad video via wifi. It hasn't come in the mail yet but I will be documenting my install and posting it on here with how well it does or doesn't work. I liked this idea because I was able to avoid having to run wires all the way from the back of the truck to the cab. I will also be able to use the big iPad screen for the monitor which will be much nicer than many of the screens these camera kits come with.

your going to want 170* view camera you will see a lot more

I bought one at frys for $40 works great

stay away from Wi-Fi cams reviews are bad on most of them.

also get a cam that is day night cam....

I will review the wifi camera I ordered once I get to test it.

I ended up buying this camera setup...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIFI-Backup-Camera-iPhone-IOS-Android-wireless-transmitter-Night-Vision-USA-/351038707965?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item51bb8998fd

along with this camera which was made of nicer quality...

http://www.amazon.com/Esky-EC170-08-Waterproof-Vehicle-High-definition/dp/B005Q65JHM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396385998&sr=8-2&keywords=camera+170

I ran the power wire from my ignition so that the camera and wifi transmitter start anytime the vehicle is on. I then mounted my iPad and wired it into my radio so that the iPad comes on anytime the key is on and automatically connects to the camera and starts video feed.

The camera/wifi transmitter are of decent quality. Not great but decent!

The video quality is plenty fine and works awesome. I ran the power wire down the frame and up through the back of the truck. I mounted the camera INSIDE the truck looking out of the back window. I decided to do this so that the camera could not get ripped off on tree branches or something on the outside of the truck. It makes backing up much easier than before and is nice to see behind me while driving down the road.

This is a screenshot of what I see while sitting at a red light. The enlarged picture makes the quality not look as good as it is. It is certainly not 1080p but it is fine for what I needed.

Hcw8tmV.png

looks good to me

I ended up buying this camera setup...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIFI-Backup-Camera-iPhone-IOS-Android-wireless-transmitter-Night-Vision-USA-/351038707965?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item51bb8998fd

along with this camera which was made of nicer quality...

http://www.amazon.com/Esky-EC170-08-Waterproof-Vehicle-High-definition/dp/B005Q65JHM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396385998&sr=8-2&keywords=camera+170

I ran the power wire from my ignition so that the camera and wifi transmitter start anytime the vehicle is on. I then mounted my iPad and wired it into my radio so that the iPad comes on anytime the key is on and automatically connects to the camera and starts video feed.

The camera/wifi transmitter are of decent quality. Not great but decent!

The video quality is plenty fine and works awesome. I ran the power wire down the frame and up through the back of the truck. I mounted the camera INSIDE the truck looking out of the back window. I decided to do this so that the camera could not get ripped off on tree branches or something on the outside of the truck. It makes backing up much easier than before and is nice to see behind me while driving down the road.

This is a screenshot of what I see while sitting at a red light. The enlarge picture makes the quality not look as good as it is. It is certainly not 1080p but it is fine for what I needed.

Hcw8tmV.png