$35 Backup Cam Kit Installation Pictures

grandview bill

Notes.....fishing wires under headliner and window post makes for a clean lookpost-7300-0-74568900-1385731988_thumb.jp......color and detail of monitor is goodpost-7300-0-82943600-1385731996_thumb.jp using a 3/4 pvc pipe under the chassis as a chase made the underneath wiring easierpost-7300-0-05084600-1385731981_thumb.jp.....the standard license plate mounting covered some plate information,so I added brackets to extend the cam above the platepost-7300-0-87741000-1385732003_thumb.jp....overall Im pleased with the monitor,the picture quality,the main issue is the wiring and jacks are in place.Changing a camera ,or monitor is easy

post-7300-0-67039600-1385731985_thumb.jp

post-7300-0-88814300-1385731992_thumb.jp

post-7300-0-48954100-1385732000_thumb.jp

more info...the camera, monitor, wiring, instructions all came as a kit form purchase the price was $35 shipped on e-bay...I chose to mount the monitor on the rear view mirror mount, for me it was the most logical place ....I also mounted a separate on -off switch on the dash, now I can use the monitor going down the highway, not just in reverse

• 2 weeks later...

It's among the "must to have" on these motor homes. Nice work thought. I wouldn't use PVC pipe instead, corrugated cable protectors seem to be more flexible and easy to route cables under the chasis

sure drive up to Lake Superior by me, its been 20 below zero. I'll stay inside and coach you while you lay out on the ground doing the under chassis wiring .....

so far we're having a real winter, we hibernate in winter, it gets really busy in spring...so much to do

How do you power the camera? Did you do wiring through the taillight? Or just run it through that PVC pipe?

I would like to install one through the cabin and draw power through there but I do not want to be powering this camera, even when the engine is not running. Anyway have some suggestions what would be a good way to do this?

if you want to power the camera and monitor in reverse only, you would take power from the back-up light, splicing into the wire that supplies the light. you would also need to send this power to the monitor. with a wire going thru the pipe to turn on the monitor at the same time. there is also a cable going from the camera to the monitor to supply the signal. so, there are two different wires in the pvc pipe, one for 12 vdc power, the other for signal. I chose to be able to manually turn on the camera anytime. then I took power from the cab fuse block, mounted the switch shown in the picture. you would still have the same number of wires in the pipe. except now the power goes to camera from the cab instead of from the back up light....there are fused leads available today that make picking up power from the fuse block just a matter of sliding a clip onto the fuse block