Leaky Cab-Over

The right way to do the repair is to remove the trim and put new butyl tape down and then reassemble the trim. I could not do that because in a moment of stupidity, it ran into a limb and damaged the edge of the RV. To repair mine, I did some fiberglass repair and then used a paint-on sealer called DYCO SHIELD AND SEAL that I bought at the RV repair shop. I have used it on the seams of old pop-up campers and it worked really well.

Some people use a similar product to paint the entire roof for the inevitable pin-holes in the aluminum.

first determine where the water is entering the outside of the camper - even though the point at which it exits the shell (and enters the interior space) is a good indicator, your leak could be elsewhere. After you dry it out, a garden hose directed at the seams above and then on the front clearance light might be helpful.

if it is coming IN from the window, pushing the window out & replacing the butyl seal is appropriate but my guess is you will find otherwise. Maybe start with the hose on the window itseld, slowly moving from bottom to top with someone inside giving feedback.

You need a dry place and time to do it right. A quick caulk on the road is OK but it will make things complicated when its time to do it right.

Marker lights are an annoying source of leaks too.

• 2 weeks later...

Its likely the leak is coming from the seal around the glass itself not the outer edge of the panel. Unfortunately this is a real problem since at least for me getting a replacement seal was not possible except by having it custom made at a glass shop. I did away with the glass and the headache completely. As others have said, put a hose on it see where the leak starts. Marker lights are another possible culprit. Whatever you do use butyl tape not caulking when you reassemble...Mike