My New 1979 Sunrader (1980)

sunvader

Your Sunrader looks great, and it even looks like you may have an awning on it. Good for you! I bought my 1979 18' Sunrader this spring and am still happy with it.

You might want to check out my post under Fuel Tanks; cracked fuel. Gardner Pacific put a cross bar support for the coach right on top of my fuel tank so through the years it rubbed two holes into it. The fix was simple enough, but since I pay a mechanic to do all of my work it was a little pricey. But... better that than fuel leaking out.

Correction, the chassis is actually a 1978 Toyota (Not 1979).
Title year is determined by the Coachmaker, not the chassis maker. It is a 1979 Sunrader and should be titled that way. It just happens to have a 1978 Toyota chassis. It could have been a 1978 Nissan chassis.

You are correct, it's the coach builder that determines the year. However it is important to know what year your chassis is for parts orders from toyota. I figured this out today since my toyota was the year before a redesign.

So...

Chassis 1978

Built 1979

Registered as a 1980

I was looking into getting a grille. I told the dealer that it's the 2 piece grille from a 1979. He said there is no 2 piece grill for that year. That's when we figured out that it is actually a 1978 chassis.

You are correct, it's the coach builder that determines the year. However it is important to know what year your chassis is for parts orders from toyota. I figured this out today since my toyota was the year before a redesign.

So...

Chassis 1978

Built 1979

Registered as a 1980

Easiest way to get the actual year is to run the VIN through carfax http://www.carfax.com/

• 1 year later...