Does a gutted sunrader project have any value?

runfromturtles

I know everyone is sad to see a project get abandoned and left for dead. However this is what happens when an idiot like me comes along... Basically I have a 78 sunrader with the rear awning section that opens up. The shell is completely gutted and I discovered that 1/4th of the rear floor has rotted. I would definitely be happy to continue the project if I hadn't have also discovered significant frame rot towards the front of the vehicle. It does run and can drive but brake lines rusted out on front brakes, so could only be driven onto a trailer.

I was going to remove the camper and find a donor vehicle for it, but financially it just doesn't make sense. I am quite embarrassed to come back here with the news of abandoning my sunrader like this.

Does something like this have any value or do I keep it around the yard for storage? hah...

I looked at one in Georga that needed a rearend and was qutted. The owner ask me the same question. I thought the fiberglass shell was worth $300-500 if I was going to do a transplant.

Mikesta is putting a Sunrader shell on a Land Cruiser. He has expressed an interest in other Sunrader shells if anyones are avalable. Send him a PM and let him know yours is available. I don't think you guys are too far from each other. Here is his contact info

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showuser=499

Linda S

Isn't the floor of a Sunrader glued to the fiberglass?

Thanks linda.

As for the floor yes...it is actually glassed in with fiberglass, so simply replacing the floor means one would have to cut a section of the fiberglass out and reglass it and hope that the structure stays lined up during the process....not exactly for the faint of heart.

Shortly after posting this my friend wants to tinker around with it and sell it for me. But I told him no one is gonna pay more than $500, not gonna stop him from trying.