Putting a ladder on a toyhome

stamar

well to make a long story short my astro van just died. transmission ground and stopped.

now im down to just the toyhome, but my work truck has two expensive ladders.

Id rather not sell them, what are the best ways to mount a 24 foot ladder to a toyhome. Ill sell the 10 foot a frame i dont need it.

I dont know that ive ever seen a picture of a toyhome with an extension ladder on it or if something is made....

Id just hate to sell it because its nearly new and Ill need one again someday.

How long is the 24 ft ladder in the stowed mode? About all I can think of is to treat it like a kayak and roof mount it, ther are many posts about roof mounting boats.

a side mount is something i want to look into.

if its on the roof what do you attach it to ? I think mounting it to the roof rack the whole thing will slide off on the freeway. a ladder has a lot of resistance....

is there a picture of a toyhome with a 24 foot ladder?

a 24 foot extension ladder is 13 feet long....

Something to consider definitely.

The side mount is apealing for easier access but i rarely see side mounts anywhere. Ithas to be somethibg metal inside the toyhome if it is even possible..

Side%20Mount%20LR.JPG

something like this could work i bet it comes with the plates necessary. somethng about putting ti in aluminum doesnt seem right like these trailers are more sold than a motorhome skin....

I cant find a picture of an rv with one...