Mysterious Night Objects......

grandview bill

For the last few years my wife and I have ended the camping season in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan on Lake Superior. We always are the last to leave, campgrounds are closed, the weather turns cold, we leave reluctantly. This year was no different....late October it was the last night of camping. It had been raining lightly all day and the sky was dark. We pulled into the camp site about dinner time facing Lake Superior. The site was near the water on a grassy ledge, there were no trees or vegetation between us and the lake, just sandy shoreline. The wind had started to pick up around bedtime and the rv started to sway a little from the wind, no problem the rv was snug and the swaying was soothing as was the sound of the waves crashing.....In the middle of the night the wind was really strong, the light rain was blowing horizontally...the rv was moving side to side rapidly......all of a sudden we heard BANG! it was loud..my wife asked me what that was...I dont know...minutes later we heard another one BANG! now we were both up....it sounded as if someone was hurling rocks at the Rv with all their might...BANG! another hit about 5-6 in all..I said "I dont know what that is but if its hitting the front it will break the windshield or the upper glass, Im going out and turning the rv so the rear is facing the lake'' thats what I did in the middle of the night in the middle of one of the strongest storms Ive seen on the big lake. I wondered what could have come off the lake and hit the rv with such force

Maybe Bigfoot was trying to get you to leave.

I have been up there at the end of the season and it sure is beautiful. My wife and I went on a tent trip around Lake Superior at the end of their season. We stayed at provincial parks the last weekend that they were open, the rangers were all apologizing about the modern toilets and showers being closed. They could not believe that we didn't care and that we usually did primitive camping.