Chinook taillights

Otis P

They might be the same as on the regular pickups from those years. Which would mean they aren't the same as the Chinooks, since Chinooks only go to 1978, on Toyotas anyways.

But my taillights really look like they just took the stock ones off the pickup bed and put them back on the camper. Might want to check into that...

Butyl tape is a good idea...

I notice that I can see light through my tail lights, so those gaskets are gone on mine, too. But I didn't want to caulk or foam those, since they may need to come out some day.

What's the best way to put a sealant around them that will let go without breaking the thing if I ever need to take it out? Butyl tape?

Nice! I'll have to see if that's the same as mine...not completely sure.

Since I gutted the inside of my camper, I can see both sides of the light fixtures. Gaskets are shrunken and cracked. And I can see light coming through around the edges. Water is definitely getting in there. I just didn't want to caulk it...and have the whole fixture break if I had to take it out for whatever reason.

Hmmm....I was thinking of the actual fixture. I'm not so worried about the lense as I am the space between the fixture and my fiberglass shell. When I'm inside my camper, I can see outside through there, because there's a gap around it. I'm not as worried about the lense, and a little moisture getting at the bulbs (though I should be, I know).