Well my friend with the V6 Sunrader finally found out what the problem is with number 3 cylinder. It is a burned exhaust valve. In fact all the cylinders on that side had lower than normal compression. I always thought that these engines were "bullet proof". Any one ever hear of valve problems with these motors? It is a 1989 with only 60,000 miles on it. It was not one of those on the head gasket recall.

Thanks for sharing

"bullet proof" - - The 4 cylinder 2.2 engines are referred to as "bullet proof". The V6 engine had a recall concerning the head or head gasket. This may have been the cause of your problem.

As a side note on the 4 cyl 2.2 engine being "bullet proof". My neighbor has a automotive business and the family is into racing cars. His son has a Toyota pick-up which he races. The engine in the pick-up is a 2.2 and has 297,000 miles on it. That engine has never been apart since it was set it up for racing. It is still winning races with 297,000 miles on it! Now that is "bullit proof"!

Edited by Pat