5879 Miles to Burning Man and back to Delaware in a 1985 Coachman

TheDoverGuppy

Just got The Guppy back from the crew that drove it home from Burning Man in Nevada. Was quite the trip. Somehow, when I bought the thing, I didn't notice that two bolts were missing on the exhaust manifold. This showed itself about 150 miles into the journey, but luckily I was able to stop in Pittsburgh where my brother-in-law, who builds cars, was able to put studs into the place of the bolts and crank them down.

10 miles out of Iowa City, the water pump went out, but amazingly, from stopping on Highway 80, to getting towed, to getting a new water pump, to being back on the highway only took 3 hours. Crazy.

There were tons of Toyotas at Burning Man. 99% of them were Dolphins. I didn't see another Coachman, but I did see this one, that I have no idea what it is. Had to be from the 70's. There was a guy sleeping in it, that wasn't the owner, and couldn't tell me a thing about it. (Welcome to Burning Man) Says "Sand Pac" on the front of it.

4 people took it back to the East Coast for me, with all their gear, and they made it without a hitch.

Anyone on here have one of these old "Sand Pac's"?

Also attaching a photo of ours that was sent from the trip back.

post-6109-0-34378800-1379030781_thumb.jp

post-6109-0-44897300-1379030807_thumb.jp