Thermal Reflective Fabric

There is bubble wrap for window coverings or there is a fabric you can actually sew for making custom curtains or use for roller blinds.

http://www.energyefficientsolutions.com/Radiant-Barrier-Fabric.asp

Make your own window coverings and cab to coach curtain from this stuff. Put it under your mattress in the winter time too to reflect your body heat back up at you. Or use it to make a thermal reflecting mattress pad or thermal bedding sack.

It can also be used to make car covers. Which means you could put this stuff on the outside of windows to shield them from the sun before the heat gets in through the windows.

Comes in 10 yard rolls. For the benefit you are getting that is actually not a bad price per yard for a fabric material. Energy savings for keeping heat out or in will be a pretty quick payback in a small space such as a toyhome.

I pick up 3 yards of a quilted insulated fabric at the local fabric store. The stuff was 7 layers, fabric, quilting, thermal barrier, then backwards. So it was the same on both sides.

No idea the real name or brand.

I used it as a divider between the cab and house in cold weather.

I pick up 3 yards of a quilted insulated fabric at the local fabric store. The stuff was 7 layers, fabric, quilting, thermal barrier, then backwards. So it was the same on both sides.

No idea the real name or brand.

I used it as a divider between the cab and house in cold weather.

That thermal blanket stuff from the fabric stores has been around since at least the late 1970s. It works, just has a piece of space blanket in it as the reflective layer. I did get a space blanket to play around with a while back but have not done anything with it yet.

This stuff looks like it might be good to sew onto the outside of the curtains.

I used the reflective bubble wrap stuff and made covers for the windows and the roof vents that we slip in at night. Blocks light, reflects heat, and offers some insulation quality. I didn't think of cutting a large piece to put under the cabover. Good idea.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto