Rebuilt my entry step.

ShaggyRV

I've had a soft entry step since I got my Gran Ville over a year ago. Well it had a retractable steel step attached underneath that was bent and needed to go. I couldn't get the rusty bolts out so I grabbed the Axe and using the blunt end and knocked it out. I then pulled the plywood side walls to the steps. I rebuilt the step in about 2 hours or so yesterday. The step itself was constructed of 2 X 2 and half inch plywood. Not too bad. here is what was in there. I don't have any pics of the after because I had already secured the carpet back down but it is good and strong!

The Beer was post rebuild celebration! The wife and I took her to Brunswick Family Campground on the Potomac river. It was nice to step in and out and not feel like the step was going to fall out!

post-6138-0-84330600-1377442482_thumb.jp

post-6138-0-40706000-1377442505_thumb.jp

post-6138-0-34245900-1377442535_thumb.jp

post-6138-0-37169800-1377442597_thumb.jp

Lack of response has to do a lot of the people out camping for the last few weekends of summer.

Got to get it while the getting is good!

This is exactly the way it should be, not much response to postings on a late Summer Saturday.

It means the forum is very effective at keeping all those Toyhomes up and running.

Agreed!

Maybe I should post an after pic. here is the finished product. I painted it top and bottom with urethane paint. I used a can and a half. after I made my cuts I saturated the ends where the cuts were made to help seal out moisture. I did not spring for marine grade plywood and the aluminum flashing box around it was shot. I could have made a new box but my impression is it hold water in that gets in from above.

post-6138-0-71292300-1377550646_thumb.jp