Door Step!

Well i got a 4' stick of 18ga. perforated galv. angle. I have cut couple of short lengths off of it. Plus i have couple of L brackets. Will use them for new ply supports. Have to drill about 6 more holes here and there and bolt support frame together. Then i will cut ply and install as step.

Well i got a 4' stick of 18ga. perforated galv. angle. I have cut couple of short lengths off of it. Plus i have couple of L brackets. Will use them for new ply supports. Have to drill about 6 more holes here and there and bolt support frame together. Then i will cut ply and install as step.

I hope that you are taking photos of all this work

I did manage to measure and cut and install both sides to step and the kickwall. Soon as i can cut bottom part of step and put it in, i will put the perforated 1 1/4"x 1 1/4" angle for support. The passenger wall where entry door is. Has seperated and is 7/8" wider at door handle side than at hinged side. I will have to use high-lift jack to push bottom of door back into square then bolt up angle support.

I tell ya there is always a dime holding up a hundred dollars! I don't have enough room to drill holes to bolt on angle supports. So i jacked up Odd Duck and took duals off on passerger side. Put 2 jacks under plus leveling jack in rear is down. I am just too old to take a chance. So i waited until i got some coins, will go to town and buy a set of 3 ton jack stands. Then i can drill the holes and not worry about close to 2 tons coming down on top of me! I want to go camping not take a dirt nap!

This has been one of those days friends! I went and got pair of 3 ton jack stands and i got them under the Odd Duck. Took one of the jacks out so i have room under there to drill the holes. I had to stop at that point as it started to sprinkle. I had to hurry and put my tools up. Had to put up lawnmower and air compressor. Well tomorrow is a new day. :ranting2:

Know the feeling I had to repair a gray tank in the rain. Had to much spread out to quit.

Know the feeling I had to repair a gray tank in the rain. Had to much spread out to quit.

Had a "non announced" rain storm yesterday afternoon (started raining with the sun shining).

I had finished the last layer of fiberglass mat in the morning and wanted to let it bake in the sun before covering it up.

Needless to say nothing covered up by shower time. I did stick a 4x8 sheet of foam insulation board over the open roof and shower vents to keep rain from coming inside.

Got about 3/4" of rain out of the storm. The fiberglass held up wonderfully (as it should) and only a single drop came in around the cardboard "plug" I put in the roof vent to keep the resin from dripping inside.

Must be my lucky day

Walked around on the roof today after drying it off and it is sold as a rock after 4 layers of 1.5 oz chopped mat fiberglass and 1 layer of woven cloth. I didn't jump up and down on it as it is still on axle stands in the back (waiting for the replacement shocks).

Tomorrow will be touch up with tiger hair and sand everything to apply the gel coat. Can't wait to see it all white and shiny

Glad to hear that all turned out well on roof and the rain. I got hole drilled in support, can't bolt it yet. I cleaned out all the rotted wood from under entry step. Then c clamped new wood under door drilled 5 holes and popped wood screws into wood. Put the 4 nut driver screws in. Had to take the gas cap plastic housing off, its broken. Happened during coach sinking down below the few supports. Just one thing after another. I got new wood installed under gas opening after cleaning all that rotted wood out. 2 holes in floor one above the dual wheels on passenger side. Another by converter. I will repair them,sometime later. Aug. i reckon, as i will still be cleaning rest of rotted wood out of bottom on passenger side. Its mid 90's outside so it will be later today before i bolt top of angle on support.

Put up tools and air compressor, fan and boombox. Yeah i am listening Dwight Yoakum cd, might as well enjoy my music while working.

Ya can't work with out "tunes (at least I can't)... The wife is always complaining as she says that she can't talk over it and that I don't seem to hear what she is saying (duh)...

You have to have something do drown out the air compressor :lips-sealed: