Which model what year and why?

Tommyboy

So many models and floor plans out there.

Of all of them, which is the most desirable?

Where can I find it? The closer to Northwest Arkansas the better.

I'm in serious search mode right now.

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by Tommyboy

Sunrader maybe the most sought after. Each floorplan has its pro's and cons, what do you like! Most folks are buying the newer Toy's with V-6 winnies. My personal opinion stay from the really older alum. skinned stick and foam Toys. I have one and all the repairs are starting to give me a migrain! RV online, craigslist, and ebay and daily internet search. Expect to shell some chump change during summer as they always sell higher than winter. Fiberglas Toys have much less issues with leaks and water damage.

• 1 month later...

i think it depends on what your doing with it.

i want a place thats a little "nicer" then the bed of my pickup to sleep, but isnt much bigger... therefore when i found the 76 Chinook i was VERY happy!

now, once its got a little more torque, through an engine swap, and mybe a 4x4 conversion......

itll be the perfect Big Horn elk hunting rig!

I love my Chinook too! I did a simple modification to the storage shelf over the cab to provide a place for me to sleep, so I could give the bed to my 6' 2" boy. It works slick. We are goining to the 2007 East Coast Toy-in sheduled for Oct. 12th at Crown Point Campground VT. If you want compact econemy with decent creature comfort you can't beat a Chinook. I took it on a 350 mi trip last weekend and only used 15.4 gallons of 91 octane. (average speed was 55 mph.) Not bad.

Another issue that one needs to decide that could quickly limit your field, is where do you want coach side door to be. The two choices are right next to the cab's passenger seat (about 80% are made this way), or do you want you side door to be in the rear behind the rear axle (about 20% are made this way).

Where the side door is located has a big influence on the coach layout.

I personally like the bathroom to be all the way in the rear, and have the kitchen seperate

the bathroom from the living room/bed quarters. I just do not like to be sleeping a couple

of feet away from a toliet.

The model that I have has the side door behind the rear axle, which ends up giving me a

two foot buffer/mini-hall between the bath room and kitchen area.

Good Luck,

Dennis...

Make and model is MUCH less important than condition. There are lots of clunker sunraders out there too.

Hey guy, I have a 21' Dolphin model 900 side door in the front and the rear bathroom. On the homepage go to the top and click on gallery - then click member's gallery and choose the pics for the 86' dolphin thepager5. I am in Fort Smith - if you want to come look you can to get an idea of style and condition. I did not pay much for this one but it took a lot of patience and research. We had to drive to West of Dallas. In Fort Smith there is one for sale It has had water leaking and roof has been sort of repaired. This would be a fix-r-up-r. The asking price is 4K. Call me if you want pics of it and info. kp 4794610438

post-1069-1190380831_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1190380850_thumb.jpg