I am down to bare walls and ceiling now. New floor is in.

The ceiling is VERY thin and I am afraid when I put in the Fantastic Fan I will need to shore up the ceiling with braces to get on the roof. The ceiling is much thinner than the side walls which I have cut to put in a cargo door where the hot water tank access was.

In planning to reinstall the celing and wall furing strips I am considering using silicone adhesive since it is easier to work with and not so unremovable as epoxy. It is clear that the ceiling cannot support anything hanging down from it so that any wall cabinets will have to be secured to the walls.

Any others who have built their rigs back from bare walls?

Are you sure the roof is that thin. I am not a delicate little thing and I would have no problems what so ever jumping rope on my roof. I get on the roof every time I give it a good wash too. Had it long enough so that some of the vents have been replaced twice. have fallen off of it and sometimes I just sit up there are look around. Look here over 500 pics of a sunrader shorty remodel from scratch

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minitruckcampers/photos/album/518890692/pic/list

Linda S

Chinooks definitely aren't meant to have weight on the roof. The entire one piece shell is very very thin, with...I think three metal bars, like roll bars, except much skinnier, for support. The walls and ceiling give it more structural stability, but not much...

Good luck with the project! I'm so happy I'm not looking at bare walls and ceiling in mine anymore.