A few newbie camping specific questions.

john*thomas

I tried to search these questions but I didn't really have much luck. So if anyone wants to answer I would appreciate it.

I understand many camp sites have restrictions on the age of the motorhomes they allow in. Obviously as these are all older units, is it ever a problem finding a place to stop?

As far as local travel, do you all pretty much just unhook and head for the store, local attraction and or whatever?

Thanks.

I have only seen age restrictions at very high end Rv parks that cater mostly to the big class A's. They are more like a resort and they are very expensive. Most cost more than a nice hotel room. I have never had a problem anywhere getting into regular RV park with my 1986 Sunrader. Of course the nicest places are usually state and national parks. Never heard of age restrictions there. Yes for shopping or sight seeing you need to unhook. Not a big deal. I don't use the sewer hook ups at the campsite so not hooked up there. I just wait and dump when it needs it. Always better to see what you want to before you get to campsite or after and buy as much groceries as you will need. In most cases your campsite is your destination so relax and enjoy it

Linda S

The rule of thumb that I used was: If it has resort in the name then probably would get rejected and I couldn't afford it anyway. I heard Florida, Arizona, Nevada, and California especially in areas the rich hang out.

Allen

I have only been asked about the age and brand of my RV once. I told them that it is a Damon and they just about kissed my XXX to get me to stay. I didn't tell them that it was a 25 yr old Toyota based Damon Escaper. Evidently they associate Damon with $$$$$. When I heard that they wanted $75 for two people, I ran out the door anyway.