Sunrader?........

grandview bill

I see a lot of interest in Sunrader on this site.What are the adavantages? Here in Minn and Wis see more Winnebago,made in Iowa Bill

I don't really know the answer, but it seems to me that it's a couple things...

All fiberglass construction seems to me to be really nice compared to the way a lot of other RVs are built. Much more long lasting and easy to take care of.

Beyond that, some RV makers just did a better job with layout, construction, and materials than others. Maybe Sunrader did a good job with that stuff compared to some other makes? I know I wouldn't want a stick frame RV or aluminum sided RV. And some of the photos I've seen of the interior layout in other Toyota RVs does not look cozy to me.

Yup it's the fiberglass that makes them so desirable. Yes they can leak from windows and vents but it won't weaken the structural integrity of the camper. Paneling and carpet and inside stuff is much easier to replace then rebuilding the walls of a camper. Especially one that has to go down the road and take the bumps and stress of a highway vehicle. They are also pretty darn good looking.

Linda S who is slightly predjudiced cause she owns 2 of them

Thanks ,I guessed the molded glass elimates seams flexing and opening up.Many an rv and camper in the snow belt have been ruined by the owner leaving the rv out in the winter,letting 2-4 feet of snow build up on the roof ,the weight pushes down on the roof opening up seams letting in water during a thaw,its everywhere....smart people ....with more money..store indoors in winter...i would like that type of construction in an rv.When we were looking I saw one Sunrader in so.Minn. about 18 feet,but never had a chance to check it out.I have seen many rv with water damage,the owner thinking the damage was minor but with "chicken coop construction" flimsy 1x3 wood and staples,stillused today the rv was trashed...the Sunrader makes sense....Bill