Newbie Here

primernova

Newbie here from Oklahoma, not sure where to intruduce myself but here it is. I got a 1984 Toyota RV and have no idea what the model is. I looked on the title for it and it just says RV. I have looked all over, inside cabinets and such and have yet to find a model of RV. Anyone delt with this before? Thanks in advance.

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/primernova/media/IMG_20130309_144508.jpg.html'>IMG_20130309_144508.jpg

Edited by primernova

My ID tag was on the driver side door pillar. It was hidden behind the seatbelt. Hard to see unless you physically move the belt to one side.

welcome crongrads on new Toy-home

my tag is by coach door

2 be safe take your rear wheel cover off to make sure you have the 6-lug full floating rear-end

if its a 5 lug you are going to want to replace those rear-end are recalled and could snap in half....

on 6-lugs the center hub will stick out 6 or 7inches the 5 lug is just a inch or two....

my tag is by coach door

2 be safe take your rear wheel cover off to make sure you have the 6-lug full floating rear-end

if its a 5 lug you are going to want to replace those rear-end are recalled and could snap in half....

on 6-lugs the center hub will stick out 6 or 7inches the 5 lug is just a inch or two....

I will check that out. Thanks

Hankook RA08 the tire for this rig? They are bout $100 here and I need 6, I am scared to buy but the cracking on the sides of the tires worry me. Has anyone put tire conditioner on old cracked tires? I was thinking since they are 8 ply maybe they will hold up better then plain car tires.

Edited by primernova

You have cracked 8 ply tires that could work on a car but not a motor home. There is a lot of weight on those tires. The cords could also be dry rotted and disaster is waiting to happen. Hankook tires should be OK on your toy, but I've never used them.

Remember, with tires they should never have sunlight beating down on them, cover them, also keep them properly inflated, never let them sit on asphalt for long periods of time and drive on them to keep them flexed. Clean helps too.

Allen

my tag is by coach door

I looked and its 6 lug with hub sticking out about 4 inches.

You have cracked 8 ply tires that could work on a car but not a motor home. There is a lot of weight on those tires. The cords could also be dry rotted and disaster is waiting to happen. Hankook tires should be OK on your toy, but I've never used them. Remember, with tires they should never have sunlight beating down on them, cover them, also keep them properly inflated, never let them sit on asphalt for long periods of time and drive on them to keep them flexed. Clean helps too. Allen

What brand did you go with?