Can you legally carry opened bottles of booze in a motorhome?

Stevo

Do open-container laws apply for having opened bottles of booze in a motorhome fridge like they do in a regular passenger vehicle?

Thanks!

Do open-container laws apply for having opened bottles of booze in a motorhome fridge like they do in a regular passenger vehicle?

Thanks!

Nope. As long as it's behind the driver seat. I wouldn't take the chance of it being within reach of the driver though. Fridge is fine

Linda

If thats illegal call me a criminal. I am not going to pour out my 1/2 fifth of Makers Mark while changing campsites; i'll just put it in the fridge, deny any warrantless search of my effects as provided to me in the 4th and then sew when they violate.

Thanks everyone! That was something I've been wondering about for a while and now I know.

Totem - Denying them to perform a warrantless search can work sometimes but sadly most cops nowadays have no clue what the heck the Constitution is and don't care (never mind that they swore an oath to uphold it). In the rare event you encounter an Oathkeeper cop it would work. On the other hand, an Oathkeeper cop wouldn't even ask to do a warrantless search anyway.

If thats illegal call me a criminal. I am not going to pour out my 1/2 fifth of Makers Mark while changing campsites; i'll just put it in the fridge, deny any warrantless search of my effects as provided to me in the 4th and then sew when they violate.

wouldnt matter; I dont drive and drink would blow fine and I would sew and get off on warrant less search. the only probable cause my rig could possibly get to even be pulled over is going too slow anyway. I'm pretty sure a decent lawyer could get someone out of a open intox in an RV fridge assuming of course they weren't under the influence. fortunately this rarely happens anyway; once the bottle opens I usually finish it and go to bed.