Our first one!

rusticandy

Pulled the trigger on a 90 V-6- with 78k on the motor (runs very smooth), new tires, new brakes, some new upholstery, a generator.

I think its an Itasca- painted over with toyotabago. Came complete with Burning Man stickers!! Paid 8750 for it

In pretty good shape- This is actually out first motorhome ever. I'll have lots of questions for y'all

We have a bubble in the fiberglass by the shower- Im assuming due to shower leakage at one point. recaulked the shower. other than the bubble, the wall feels solid. Not sure if i want to tackle that one yet!

No roof leaks, no signs or water staining, but the vinyl/wallpaper is peeling inside in a few places- I was told it spent alot of time down on the mojave, and it kind of BBQed the inside roof. Have all the receipts and everything- thinking about doing up a timeline so I know what has been worked on etc.

Has anyone sanded this off and refinished their interior roof before?

post-7200-0-70752500-1370894956_thumb.jp

post-7200-0-04842600-1370894968_thumb.jp

rusticandy,

Sanding off the loose wallpaper will help make the edges disappear when you decide to paint but I wouldn't bother removing all of the wallpaper if its still stuck firmly to the ceiling. Just do the areas that are bubbling. If you go this route, before painting, carefully check for any water staining where the bubbles were. I've never heard of the roof or walls bubbling from desert heat but that doesn't mean its not possible. It sounds more like water leakage to me but then, I'm not there to see the problem. Paint does stick to the ceiling and walls quite well. Use a primer like "Kilz" (2 coats) before your favorite final color goes on. Good luck.

John

before I started painting I would leak test it - a good hard rainshower, both while stationary & driving should do the trick.

To fix it up then find out there was a leak - well then you get to fix it again after you fix the leak. Condensation could cause issues too - not that I would expect that in a desert. A leak into a closed up camper followed by a lot of heat could....