Where to get an alignment?

Odyssey 4x4

I've called a few places and they say they're unsure if they can do an alignment on my toyota and would have to see it to know. Before I drive around to a thousand different places I figured I'd ask here if anyone has had an alignment done and where at?

Thanks!

It's just a toyota truck. You have all those manuals so you know how high it is. Just call around and ask how high their service doors are. My son-in-laws lifted Ford truck is taller than my Sunrader so I would think if they can manage a truck like that they could do a toyota motorhome.

Linda S

I have called around and have gotten everything from the doors are not tall enough, to the vehicle is too heavy for the machine, to we can't align dual wheeled vehicles.. I figured I'd ask here because I assume someone here may have possibly gotten an alignment at some time or another on their home and would be able to simply fill me on the answer, rather than me calling around chasing a ghost.

When I first called about bringing my Chinook into the shop I like, the guy was trying to tell me they'd see what they could do, but they'd have to do a lot of shuffling of other vehicles to fit my Toyota, probably couldn't get it on the lift, and weren't really set up for motorhomes, so if they could work on it, they'd need to have it for a few days so they'd be able to move other vehicles around and fit it into the garage... I told him it would be fine but he didn't really believe me.

Once they saw it they understood. :) But then I have a Chinook, and it's tiny, and not a dually. There are definitely bigger full size trucks around here that people use as daily drivers that are bigger than me.

I will admit, it has amazed me how many shops in town are clueless about old vehicles, and mini-motorhomes especially. I have to almost force them to believe that they can find parts and should take my money.

Excellent, that area is near me as well. Thank you.

I agree with you, especially in Florida there are lifted trucks around here that don't even look street legal and are running on military tires. Most of the shops I talk to usually give me the, "oh well you would have to bring it in for me to really know but I think we will probably not be able to do it." Hence why I do not want to waste my gas and time driving from shop to shop. I even told them all it is just a standard 1987 Toyota 1-ton truck with a camper and they all seem to not be interested in helping me out. I will give a call to this place Linda recommended, they look like they'll definitely be able to do it but hopefully they're not super expensive considering it's somewhat of a specialty shop rather than just a Tire Kingdom or something like that.

When I first called about bringing my Chinook into the shop I like, the guy was trying to tell me they'd see what they could do, but they'd have to do a lot of shuffling of other vehicles to fit my Toyota, probably couldn't get it on the lift, and weren't really set up for motorhomes, so if they could work on it, they'd need to have it for a few days so they'd be able to move other vehicles around and fit it into the garage... I told him it would be fine but he didn't really believe me.

Once they saw it they understood. :) But then I have a Chinook, and it's tiny, and not a dually. There are definitely bigger full size trucks around here that people use as daily drivers that are bigger than me.

I will admit, it has amazed me how many shops in town are clueless about old vehicles, and mini-motorhomes especially. I have to almost force them to believe that they can find parts and should take my money.