Hi

need to find the size of bolts that hold front shocks on. when i come to fit new shocks i dont think bolts will survive removal. also after 24 years i would rather replace with new rather that reuse.

Thanks

dave

I've got a 1978, 1987 and a 1988 here (Toyota 2WD trucks). All of them have two 8mm bolts holding the bottoms of the front shocks on. 8mm diameter X 1.25 thread pitch X 25mm long. 8mm is the same diameter as 5/16". If suspect - they are often just replaced with SAE grade eight 5/16" bolts and nuts. The OEM setup has little spring-steel nuts that are 8mm X 1.25 thread. It's easy to knock them off and use SAE bolts and nuts instead if desired.

Just changed my front shocks. One side went fine. Had to replace the other side bolts (took old ones to hardware store & matched). Got them a little longer & also got lock nuts which I put on top of the bolts as the nut plates where stripped. kind of surprised how wimpy the nut plates where as designed.

Hi

thanks for all advice and info on shock fitting

dave