First RV - Toy Dolphin! :-)

Hey guys,

I'm Adam and just picked up my first Toy Dolphin, 1985, 22R, 4-speed manual with the rear bed and side sofa. I got it for mountain bike events and weekend mountain biking trips this summer. I was told it was the 1-ton axle, but after reading on here I'm gonna head back to the storage facility and check again to make sure! Everything seems to be pretty good for the year and it has 79k original miles. I'm sure I'll be going through all the posts, but I welcome any suggestions or recos.

Cheers!

Adam

Very nice. Permanent rear bed model is pretty rare. You didn't show the rear axle hubs but I'm sure it's the right one. Most Dolphins got the upgrade because National RV was still in businees for many years after the axle and they made a serious effort to find all of their units and fix them.

Linda S

Nice rig! Suggestions: A nice seat cover for the sofa would be a vast improvement. Plus adding some sort of privacy door between the kitchen and the bedroom area. (I recommend a vinyal one) Go Traveling! have fun!

Excellent! I particularly like the bike rack. Looking to put our new-to-us rig into MTB trip use this summer, too. Gotta mount up a hitch like yours first. Can you tell if the hitch was welded or bolted on, by chance?

Thanks guys! Yes, I'm thinking about covers for all the soft furnishings, but it's not a big priority right now, a blanket draped over is enough for me right now (the colors match the dog!).

The hound's a she and I'm looking forward to some fun this summer! First trip might be this coming weekend, but for sure the next weekend for a downhill mountain bike race in Port Angeles, WA (NW Cup) and then Whistler/ BC trips! :)

When I purchased the rig it didn't have a hitch, but I told the guy that it was a deal breaker for me. He ordered a hitch and had it welded to the frame as there were no tabs to bolt onto. It probably shouldn't be used for towing, but it's OK for a bike rack or a cargo carrier.

I checked and it does have the 6-lug, (true) 1-ton rear axle with the 5-lug front axle:

Rear ( :) ):

gallery_7126_5_1217722.jpg

Front:

gallery_7126_5_761056.jpg