Progressive Dynamics converter question

Vanman

Today I checked the current draw on everything in the RV. The 1141 bulbs draw 1.4 A and the LED's draw 350MA each.

Did discover an interesting side effect of the new fuse ckt board that came with the PD converter kit. Pulled all the fuses and found that the new ckt board, which has a small red led below the fuse plug that lights up when the fuse blows to tell you it's bad, evidently feeds a small amount of current to the line even with the fuse pulled!!! With the fuse pulled the lamps will not light when you turn them on, but the red led does light.

BUT with the new LED lamps, which have mostly large square surfaces and some smaller round ones, the small round ones light up when you make the switch and the red led does not lite up ?? I do not need a lamp to tell me the fuse is bad so I'm thinking about removing the ckt board and removing this " feature ? "

Is this just on the Progressive Dynamics conversion kits, or on all the others as well???

Or am I just being too fussy now that weather is good so we are using the Toy more? :):)

Today I checked the current draw on everything in the RV. The 1141 bulbs draw 1.4 A and the LED's draw 350MA each.

Did discover an interesting side effect of the new fuse ckt board that came with the PD converter kit. Pulled all the fuses and found that the new ckt board, which has a small red led below the fuse plug that lights up when the fuse blows to tell you it's bad, evidently feeds a small amount of current to the line even with the fuse pulled!!! With the fuse pulled the lamps will not light when you turn them on, but the red led does light.

BUT with the new LED lamps, which have mostly large square surfaces and some smaller round ones, the small round ones light up when you make the switch and the red led does not lite up ?? I do not need a lamp to tell me the fuse is bad so I'm thinking about removing the ckt board and removing this " feature ? "

Is this just on the Progressive Dynamics conversion kits, or on all the others as well???

Or am I just being too fussy now that weather is good so we are using the Toy more? :) :)

Why? Camp more worry less!

Why fool with something that is working as designed? Also, somethimes altering a device voids the warranty.

Seems like such a feature could be useful when lights are out and you are in the dark.

Besides, the small LED will draw very little power (in proportion to its brightness).