hi all! updated my 3vze with remanufactured engine! cant believe how much more power it has over the old one! been driving it around to put some miles on it before summer trips. engine came with 3 year unlimited warranty and if it breaks they pay for towing and rental car until its fixed! most companies i spoke with would not warranty there engines because it was being put in motorhome! also got deer damage to front all fixed with new grill-bumper-headlights-lower spoiler and air conditioner condenser. finishing up storage compartment so i can carry 2 propane tanks in same compartment that only carried one before! got some minor water damage in bunk area to repair then its on to rear hitch mounted storage rack and storage box! other projects to take care of its going to take some time! thanks for all the great tips from other members! Rick

Hey Rick--congrats on your upgrade. How about sharing the details? Where did you buy the reman? How much did it cost to have the switch made? Think we are fast approaching similar territory as we full-time and our 3vz is feeling tired. Thanks--Charlie

Hi Charlie! here's the details! the name of the company and website is rydellpowertrain.com located in Waterloo Iowa. the person i spoke with was Shawn in parts dept. he was very good to deal with and if i had any questions or problems they also have great tech department! on there web site watch the video from MotorHead Garage which is a tv program. I decided to go with the gold no fault warranty 3 year unlimited warranty for $150.00 because you get the part package along with the warranty! part package has new oil pump water pump radiator hoses timing belts radiator cap spark plugs and plug wires and cap and rotor all the gaskets new air filter! that's quite a bunch of parts that's included! they will ship engine to your door or to your mechanics shop! engine came in brand new storage pod which made unloading easy! there is $400.00 you pay but once your engine is in and running call them they will have tucking company pick it up and send you a check for $400.00 The engine i purchased looked like it was new! called them several times with all kinds of questions whether it was tech or general and was always pleased with prompt response time! Engine removal and replacement is not a easy deal! Takes a lot of time so many wires and lines! Had shop do it and they pulled trans with the motor so i had them put new filter and gasket in transmission before putting it all back in! $1000.00 for labor on install plus oil antifreeze trans fluid! I think that was a deal after watching them do it and time it took! They also show the toyota 4 cylinder engines and also rebuilt transmissions on website! When i bought my engine they did dicker on price so you will have to make your on deal! Hope this helps. i am very satisfied so far with lots more power! big difference! Rick

• 2 months later...

Hi

have upped power (torque) on my v6 by following a posting on youtech. you basically alter air inlet from air to inlet manifold. also remove all aor silrncer boxes. was impressed by increase. no numbers unfortuntely but seat of pants and a hill to test on. found that mh stayed in overdrive with only 1 drop in gears near the top. before overdrive would not pull mh up hill.

Ps fuel consumption has improved by 1-2 mpg. Reason i think is that it stays in overdrive more.