1991 Conquest (Gulf Stream Coach) V6

Ok... I called Gulf Stream and they admitted they built it but only had the GVWR for me (11490 lbs). I had it weighed empty today which is called curb weight (5460 lbs). They dont have a build sheet or manual. I live in South Lake Tahoe, California and it failed smog because I need to replace the fill hoses from the fill to the tank... Where can I get these? (They look about 2" and the small one looks 3/4")

post-7061-0-16997400-1364527504_thumb.jp

post-7061-0-65145900-1364527749_thumb.jp

Yes those look nasty. Any auto parts store should have them but people seem to get better results at Napa. As far as Gulfstream not knowing they made your camper I'm not surprised. Manufacturers manuals were not much of anything anyway. It's the other stuff inside manuals you need. They are all on the Toyota-campers site in the files section. Talking about fridge and stove and water heater.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-campers/

What else do you need to know about it. Gross vehicle weight on your rig was never over 10,000 lbs. GVWR for the truck is only 6000lbs. They must be confusing you with a Chevy

Linda S

Maybe if you give them a model number. 3 digit model numbers are toyota's- conquest and ultra

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1991/Gulf-Stream

I have a 2010 Gulfstream - on a side note, never buy anything new from them. They don't document their builds period. Every vendor I've worked with will tell you the same thing. I don't know of a worse company to deal with.... my 2 cents. This is after 25k worth of rework and its still not right.

I like napa for common parts so I'll second Linda.

My tire size: 185r14D...

How come all tire places are trying to sell me on other tires!!! I'll go with the tires i found on www.tires-easy.com for $63. Walmart wanted $85 and Costco said they don't make those tires anymore... Some people will say anything to make a sale!!!!!

You live in Tahoe and Tire rack is right in Reno. No shipping charges if you go pick them up. They have the tires you need but no installation facility there. Search by size

http://www.tirerack.com/

This place can install them but if you call ahead they will also get you the tires you want and match tire racks price. Also in reno

Mr Hubcap 775-356-5555

You live in Tahoe and Tire rack is right in Reno. No shipping charges if you go pick them up. They have the tires you need but no installation facility there. Search by size

This place can install them but if you call ahead they will also get you the tires you want and match tire racks price. Also in reno

Mr Hubcap 775-356-5555

Wow! thanks for the info!!!

Mr Hubcap 775-356-5555

Ok been looking at tires and I have bought tires from tirerack before but the cheapest tires i can find is at tires-easy.com. Even with shipping it is still cheaper. I can put them on myself but will just have someone balance them for me... As far as i can tell, this will be the cheapest i can get tires.

About to change the brakes and rotors on my 1991 V6 Conquest... changed the front shocks and pins and it drives so much smoother. Next are the front bushings. They sell bushings attached to the bracket for a few more bucks so im going to go with that one when it is in my budget ($80 ea).

I really need rear shocks and tires. Im going to order 2 tires at a time and do the rear shocks.

Maybe a paint job and some body work then I'll be off to do the rug and interior paint.

Then an awning. I saw a post of someone that put an awning up and it looks great. All my friends have awnings and i dont know how im living without one!

I noticed that my black tank and gray tank are connected at the end where the drain is.... It doesnt seem to have been like that from the original. hope this is not a problem but i guess i will just empty them together when the time comes.

Ok been looking at tires and I have bought tires from tirerack before but the cheapest tires i can find is at tires-easy.com. Even with shipping it is still cheaper. I can put them on myself but will just have someone balance them for me... As far as i can tell, this will be the cheapest i can get tires.

Look online at tires-easy complaints. They have a lot of them. I know JD here just got some achillies tires from them and was happy but many more people got old tires. Sometimes very old tires and never got replacements. Check the shipping prices too. They have their offices in Benecia ca but ship tires from much farther away.. Price sure does go up if shipping is 20 bucks a tire. Call Mr Hubcap and tell him what you want and get a price from him first. He can get some tires not offered by tire rack.

Linda S

I noticed that my black tank and gray tank are connected at the end where the drain is.... It doesnt seem to have been like that from the original. hope this is not a problem but i guess i will just empty them together when the time comes.

This set up is not unusual. Empty the black first and then the grey to help flush the hose. Had the same set up when I had a camper van. It's actually much easier.

Linda S

Thanks so much for the comments, they helped me learn a lot about my rig.

In our 1 ton rear, what rear differential fluid should be used?

attachicon.gifrv 4-3-13 051.jpg

I have 90,000 miles on it, what oil should be used in the engine?

I just used some Lucas Synthetic 75w90 in the rear diff...

Prob just use the 10w30 in the engine, same as the engine in my 4runner. (they both have the 3.0 V6)