Hi,here I am again up to changing the o2 sensors because I get only 8 miles per gallon on the city. The check engine light is not on.

My question is first what type and where to get one economically?

My other question that I have to ask you fellows is that these rusty looking nuts and bolts won't they shear when trying to undo. Your experiences and comments are greatly appreciated .

Good day,

NAPA etc. 8 in the city? I'm not sure you'll do much better than that. The nuts on the O2 sensors tend to shrink some times to the point that they rot off and leave nice clean treads and the sensors fall out a small chisel will probably split then easily. If they are toes up it should have set a code. If you have a volt meter they are easy to check, their voltage running should be between 0 and 1 between the sensor wire and a good ground and be very active up and down if they a lazy it's time to replace them. Yours are most likely 3 wire (has a heater) so you'll have to find the sensor wire it's self I believe it's white and the heaters are green it's easy to figure out just unplug the sensor and probe the connector the only one with voltage will be the O2 output.

Hi Maineah. You may be right, 8 miles per gallon in the city may be normal. Before I touch anything and possibly mess some thing up. I should go for a 40 miles trip on the high way and check the mileage. Last year I got 15 miles per gallon on the high way. I have to read your writing one more time. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Hi Derek, the way I do it is that I choose a gas station and choose one of the pumps (on a flatter ground). Then I fill it up till it stops. Then after driving 40 miles or so I go to the same pump and fill up again and divide the results.

Hi Maineah. You may be right, 8 miles per gallon in the city may be normal. Before I touch anything and possibly mess some thing up. I should go for a 40 miles trip on the high way and check the mileage. Last year I got 15 miles per gallon on the high way. I have to read your writing one more time. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

If you get 15 highway MPG don't touch any thing back away from the MH!

If you get 15 highway MPG don't touch any thing back away from the MH!

I said I used to get it last year . yes if I get the same mileage I will be a happy camper. I have to go some where and find out.

Good day.

I'm getting less than 10 in the city driving really easy, so the 8 sounds normal. My highway mileage varies as to how much weight I'm packing.

I haven't consider the weight.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I was getting 12 until I changed mine. I had an intermittent check engine light with a code.

I would do it even if the bolts break. I would recommend wd40ing them over several days and maybe using an impact wrench or impact hammer to break the bolts free if you happen to have one.