Laminate flooring

voicemaker

If you are considering ripping out your carpet like I did I would highly recommend replacing it with laminate flooring.

The thin, tough foam underlay allows the floor to "float" over the plywood subfloor preventing any stress cracks and

it also adds a level of sound and heat insulation. Originally I was going to install glued in oak parquet hardwood but

so far I'm very happy I went with laminate.

Cheers,

Voicemaker

Laminate is formica over pressboard. Wait until it gets wet and swells. I know, I have it in my house. You have to use a special cleaning device so that it won't get wet. Read the instruction!! I wish you well but no way would I use that junk. Besides, it's slicker than snot when wet.

Laminate is formica over pressboard. Wait until it gets wet and swells. I know, I have it in my house. You have to use a special cleaning device so that it won't get wet. Read the instruction!! I wish you well but no way would I use that junk. Besides, it's slicker than snot when wet.

The laminate I used is from Ikea. They use it for their store floors and the instructions indicate water is not a problem.

Being a carpenter I thought I test would be in order. It passed with flying colors!

Voicemaker