87 Odyssey wall framing

Oldiesel

Looking at an 87 Odyssey that may need a bit of work, does anyone know if the side wall framing is wood or aluminum. My Mini Cruiser that I replaced the entire roof on last year had aluminum in the walls, which was a life saver as the rot from the roof was stopped by the aluminum tubing in the walls. I am hoping for aluminum again, does anyone really know? Don

I believe it is all wood. Brochure on the toyota-campers site says all construction glued and screwed and you can't glue aluminum that I know of. The laters years had a steel reinforced roof but I think that started with the v6 models. There are some pics on that site too of Odyssey's being repaired and I don't remember seeing any aluminum framing

Linda S

My 1990 Toyota Odyssey has a steel reinforced roof (you can actually see the metal beams spaced about every 3 feet under the roof) and the

walls are stick (1 x 2s) with styrofoam sheets between them.

Thanks for that info. Owner states it did have a leak in the roof near the back and he repaired the roof replaced the insulation, etc.

Having done a complete replacement(carried the entire roof to the dump in 2 pieces) on my last one i will know where to look on this one. Don't really want to do that job again. Don