1991 Toyota winnebago

johnnyblade

Hi- Newbie here. We are considering purchasing a 1991 Toyota itasca/winnebago. It has 88,000 miles on it.Just needs a cleanup. She's asking $14,000. We know she will go lower. Maybe $12,000. Any ideas what we should offer? What do you think it's worth? It's in town so we don't want to miss out if it's a good deal. We prefer not to travel to get one.

Thanks,

Johnnyblade

If you are at 88,000 miles, it is over due for a timing chain replacement, Toyota recommends ever 80,000 miles. $12K to $14K sounds a bit high so the motorhome really needs to be in excellent shape. Be sure the tires are a couple years old or newer, a new set will cost you $600 to $1000.

I picked up my '92 last fall for $9000 CDN. Asking price was $13,000. Same mileage, needed tires, thorough cleaning and general minor repairs/servicing. After spending the time I have fixing it up I glad a didn't any more for it... should

have offered $8000, actually...

Voicemaker

I picked my 1990 up last year for $5,200 with 87,000 miles and it just had the timing belt replaced,

three brand new tires, new rear air shocks, and new roof A/C. I added three new matching

tires at $100 each and did about $600 of fixups (tune-up, raditor flush, transmission flush,

new muffler, new batteries and fuel filter.

• 2 years later...
Hi- Newbie here. We are considering purchasing a 1991 Toyota itasca/winnebago. It has 88,000 miles on it.Just needs a cleanup. She's asking $14,000. We know she will go lower. Maybe $12,000. Any ideas what we should offer? What do you think it's worth? It's in town so we don't want to miss out if it's a good deal. We prefer not to travel to get one.

Thanks,

Johnnyblade

Depends on how the systems work - you have to check 'em out. If they all work, no leask, then engine runs good, no tranny rear end issues - $14 is a fair price - the start subtracting.

We picked up our 1990 Itasca Spirit - 20 ft a few months ago for just under $5K. I was ignorant to pricing at the time but now I am seeing I did pretty well. I am putting new tires on because the ones on it are from 2001. Other than that it was spotless and included all original manuals. Like the other's said, for 14K asking price, it should be pretty close to perfect. There is lots of information here about what to check out before you buy. The consensus here is not to be in a hurry because there is always another one down the road. If you are going for a certain floor plan though, and this is the one you "have to have" then you might start with a low offer and work up. Just my 2 cents. Good luck, I know how exciting this time is. For me, the search was half the fun!

Kathy

Calif.

Thanks,

Johnnyblade