Plumbing information PLEASE.....

highwaydub

A buddy of mine who isn't too computer oriented recently purchased an 86' toyota dolphin which is falling apart, lol. I'm trying to find plumbing information for him. It's all backed up and messed up from when he bought it a week ago and he's tired of using poison ivy to wipe his a**!!! He wants to know what he has to do to get the bathroom going again. Any help would be great!! His bathroom and shower are located in the rear of the motorhome, and hopefully most dolphins can swim faster than this thing moves......

Thanks

This is how its plumbed on my Dolphin,, his is probably similar to mine as it also has the toilet and shower in the back of the Toyhouse.

Plumbing backing up is fairly good incentive to figure out how things work. :-)

Since the toilet drops directly into the Black holding tank (poop/human waste), I would say that his holding tank is full and probably needs to be drained.

The shower may not have a "P" trap, and I'm pretty sure it drops directly into the Gray tank (dish water, shower). So, if the gray tank is also backing up, the gray tank is also full and it needs to be drained.

DRAINS - Although my black and gray tanks have their own separate "T" valves for draining, they feed into a single drain fitting that has a cap on it. (behind the rear drivers side wheels)

WARNING - Make sure the "T" valves are closed (pushed in) before removing that cap, else you will be sitting in the entire contents of your black and gray tanks.

Remove the cap, connect the drain hose to the cap fitting, The drain hose may be stored inside the rear bumper. drop the open end of the drain hose into the sewer or septic tank.

If you look carefully, the two "T" valves are different sizes. The larger one is for the Black tank, the smaller one is for the Gray tank.

I drain the Black first, pull the "T" valve out, after its finished draining, close the "T" valve, then I drain the hose by lifting it up and get everything in the hose to empty out.

I then repeat this with the Gray tank,

Hope this helps, If your friend is asking this level of question, You may be better off showing them how to get on the internet, get on this site, and have them read thru all the information this site contains, Else your going to be doing a lot of research for your new Toyhouse friend.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I just watched RV for the first time yesterday. I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that scene.

Some shower drains go to the black tank not sure if that is good or bad but it is kind of good to know for future use. The best way to tell is drain every thing open the gray valve and pour water in things an see if it runs out. It sure does sound like it's kind of over full.

yeah if you have the shitrinshower layout its almost a given it dumps to the black tank. In my home the shower pan drain and the bathroom sink pipes are black water.

This has proven to not be the greatest with little kids who tend to like to play while washing hand after their business. My solution to the pooh overflow in the shower pan was a custom teak bath mat. this way if you do see overflow you can still stand safely until you dump and not have to remove shoes. That way you only need hose off the bath mat later.

My matrix bath mat is almost 2 inches tall; the odds of overflow reaching over it before detection even by a child (EEEEEEEW MOMMMY!!!) are nill.