Toyota Chinook pop-up roof queston ??

zero

I recently got a 1978 Toyota Chinook with the pop-up roof. That roof on top looks kind of strange. It gathers water which makes NO sense to me. A roof ought to be self-draining on anything that sits outside. This has me wondering if it's caved in. It is one-piece molded fiberglass and looks somewhat symetrical. I really cannot tell if it was built this way or caved in over the years - maybe with some help of snow, deer tired to the roof, etc.. It came from Louisiana and I assume it never snows there, but who knows? I picked it up in Maine but it was not there very long. Still had Louisiana license plates on it when I got it.

Not a lot of good photos around of Chinook roofs.

Here is mine . .

100_0402.jpg

100_0401.jpg

100_0400.jpg

Here is a Chinook I saw in a movie . . .

toyota-chinook_movie-fire-walk-with-me.jpg

And here are some others from different years. I'm not sure if the roof was even the same every year. I have a 1978 Chinook on a Chevy "Chalet" and the roof is totally different.

toyota-chinook-1976-its-no-big-thing.jpg

chinook_lissa_rock_creek_2004.jpg

32NEWBLACK-OUTTINTrightrear.jpg

4profileforwardwithtopup.jpg

Chinook "Chalet" on Chevy Blazer ..

Blazer_Chalet_Chinook.jpg

Its caved in.

Not to scare you away from posting your Chinook questions here, but FYI there's also a Toyota Chinook Yahoo Group that you might want to join for Chinook specific problem. I'm sure we'll all be more than happy to offer out 2 cents, but I don't think that there are that many regular posters here that own a Chinook.

Of course you don't have to know anything about Chinooks to be qualified to suggest you change the colour! ASAP!! :)

Not to scare you away from posting your Chinook questions here, but FYI there's also a Toyota Chinook Yahoo Group that you might want to join for Chinook specific problem. I'm sure we'll all be more than happy to offer out 2 cents, but I don't think that there are that many regular posters here that own a Chinook.

Of course you don't have to know anything about Chinooks to be qualified to suggest you change the colour! ASAP!! :)

Yes . . . I think the guy got drunk and painted it with a spray can. I wish I could get the paint off without disturbing the original Chinook lettering and such underneath.