LP gas regulator and furnace not igniting

I just replaced the the regulator for my lp gas system. I bought the regulator at an rv dealer and it is a 2 stage unit that as not a perfect match but did connect and after turning on gas was good for operating gas burners and the gas refrigerator. However when I attempted to run the furnace just the blower would come on and did not get ignition of the furnace burner. The gas bottle is the vertical type stationed under the vehicle in a closed compartment. It may be less than 1/2 full and am considering filling it up to see if that helps. Any thoughts on this problem? Is it possible that this regulator is the wrong type?

I consulted a local rv dealer and the mechanic advised me to run a burner while attempting to start the furnace. He said if the gas is low it would show a reduction in the flame. I turned on 2 burners and I did see one of them go out completely as the furnace fired up for the first time since changing to the new regulator. I will fill the gas bottle before I go on the road. I am sharing this for those who may have a similar problem.

Propane boils at about -44 degrees so probably not. Usually propane tanks work until there is no more liquid to boil.