Bathroom before & after

Scottybuck

Well, I asked here for ideas on what to do with my bathroom, and figured the easiest thing (for me) was to just paint it. Here are before and after pictures to show the difference......

Scott

post-6446-0-17839600-1350652986_thumb.jp

post-6446-0-51751900-1350653226_thumb.jp

Edited by Scottybuck

haven't tried it but, if shower is painted with a rough surfuce it might not be easy to keep away mold and mildew build up? just a thought.

I doubt it. If this was going to be a problem my 1986 textured wallpaper would be covered along with the places it has peeled up. I can count on one hand the number of times I and others have showered in it; Its usually an epic last resort as its very small and inconvenient compared to the huge camp showers that do not require the heating of a propane water heater etc.

Thus there is decidedly no water being splashed around. I use mine during hunting week when I can smell myself after day 3-4 or maybe one time I used it at a campground in Wisconsin that had the most disgusting bathrooms I had ever had the displeasure of smelling and there too I was on day 3 or 4. Mildew and Mold would be more of a concern at home.

I rolled it on.....used two coats of 123 Zinsser Primer that's mildew resistant, then put two coats of semi gloss paint on-that way the walls can be wiped down after a shower. I caulked around all of the seams real good before I put the primer on. Only problem I had was re-attaching the shower hose to the back of the sink because it's such a tight spot there. I'm not worried about mildew.....as long as I wipe it down good after a shower, I think it should be alright. I put the shower curtain in last night and the area rug down. Under that area rug is a bathtub mat. As soon as I opened the door to do the curtain and rug, I did smile. Looks a whole lot better! I was going to paint the rest of the rv, but think that will have to wait 'till spring, along with replacing the carpet with some other flooring.