Toy/Winnie '91

hawk

Does anyone know how to take the blinds out from under the valence. I can't see any obvious pins or latches that will release the blind. I went to Aggie's posted pdf. file and couldn't see what needed to be released. By the way, thanks for that link.

I started to take mine down once & ran into the same thing you have. Mine has what may be a catch on each side that pop off & allows the blinds to fall straight down but I did not try it because I did not want to break it. The only problem with my blinds is that they are very difficult to rotate the slats. I got mine to where I can flip the blinds over at the bottom & give me privacy & left it at that.

The only other way I see to remove them would require removing the decorative valance & as hesitant to do that. I wanted to lube the gears.

DanAatthe cape. Thanks for the input. I'm stymied, too. Since I live in a rural area with no real RV services available, I'm really stuck with the internet to solve problems. After a couple of trips in the Toy, I'm thinking this isn't the vehicle for me, but I don't want to put it up for sale without fixing things like the broken blinds. Your suggestion of taking the valence off may be the only way to go at this point. Anyway, thanks for your experience .Hawk.

If your blinds are the same style/design as my '88, each end has a plastic square about 1" by 1" that serves as a sliding latch. You can slide it completely loose, remove it, and then the blinds easily come out of their bracket.

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Edited by MontereyDave

MontereyDave, thanks very much for going to the trouble of the pictures. They really help. Mine is a bit different, but I think I can generalize from your pictures and find the parts that do slide one way or another. This forum and its members are a god-send for the newly challenged of us.