Newbie doesnt know anything about all of these hoses and compartments

gr8white

Hi guys,

I just bought my 86 toyota motorhome last week and I am working on getting it ready to go on long trips. There are so many compartments and hoses and I am not sure what to do with these. I have a place to put a propane tank but do I get a regular propane tank? I know that there is hoses to get rid of clean water and to get rid of sewage but I am not sure which is which and I am not sure how to work any of this. Also, I have some urine in my toilet that I havent emptied in a week and Im concerned about this and am not sure where to go to do this. I think I can take it to the local state park for 10.00. Is there any free places to do this and how do I do it after I connect the hoses? Also, what do I need to put in my toilet. The RV has some bottles with blue stuff in it but do I need to add water or anything? Can I poop in this thing? Sorry for all of these questions which may seem like no brainers to most of you. Thanks!

i would try to find another owner close by willing to spend some time with you looking at what you have. even if not exact same unit pretty sure they would be able to help you figure it all out. blue stuff is probably to add to your toilet. i assume there is no lables left on them with instructions. most of those type of product help break down the poop and paper as well as help with the odor. if there is room to stand up a propane tank then a regular bbq tank will work, just needs to be fastened security. if not you need a horizontal tank. not sure about multiple hoses? hose connections for city water, some have two, one to use to clean out the waste water tanks, fitting on outside, hose inside bathroom. mine has 4 inch drain line to connect to waste tank drain on outside, not hard but would be nice to have someone show you the first time so you don't dump the contents all over where you shouldn't be dumping :o). as far as compartments/doors on outside, i have one small where power cord is located as well as tv connection, medium where the hot water heater is located, may need access to light, depending on model, small to fill fresh water tank, large for just general storage, some have large for location of permanent generator, if for permenant generator there could be a gas line as well as wireing coming into that compartment, mine is strictly storage with no access from the inside, large where the propane tank is, mine is laying down, horizontal type, small battery comparment, just enough room for group 27, i mean just, large for access and ventalation for the refrigerator, usually propane line and AC plug in there too, the connection or connections for city water on mine are exposed, could be behind a door i assume. i have one on the side of the kitchen and one in the rear where my bathroom is, the rear one goes through the wall to a short hose to clean out the waste tanks. hope this helps helping you figure out what you are looking at. again, if you could find someone close to help that would be ideal, maybe a RV dealer in your area for a few bucks or maybe goodwill would help.

Here's a manual on CD for an Odyssey that has appliances and systems for Toyota based home. Even if you don’t have an Odyssey, most makes used very similar or exact systems and items in their builds. it might be a good resource until you can locate one for your home. Knowing what make yours is might help us out a bit as well. Good luck!

http://www.ebay.com/...1f71906&vxp=mtr

Im a first timer with my 1987 mini crouiser Toyhome

this is the perfect place to start alot of great pepole

and good info

I was at local rv dump station(grey/black water) and another Toyhome pulled behind me

we talked for 20 mins and showed each other are rigs and talked about projects where doing to rv

I enjoyed talking to him and told him about this site...

use Youtube its great for "seeing for your self"

you can post pics here with your questions....

Most of all Enjoy your Toyhome