Have been in the process of remodeling my 93 dolphin and I am almost done. New flooring, new cushions, blinds, curtains and recovered the window valences. I took out the uncomfortable jack knife sofa and built a bed/sofa in it's place. The seat slides out a bit and with one of the back cushions in place the bed is a nice width. The old jack knife was uncomfortable and when folded down you could not walk from the front to the back of the coach. The new bed is comfy and you can still walk around. I put a back splash around the stove for easy clean-up. I still need to re-cover the bulkhead between the front cabin and the back. I'm pretty pleased with how she turned out.

Barb

post-2880-0-57491900-1346732399_thumb.jppost-2880-0-62186100-1346732438_thumb.jppost-2880-0-85782300-1346732515_thumb.jppost-2880-0-23412500-1346732543_thumb.jppost-2880-0-86711600-1346732562_thumb.jppost-2880-0-59815400-1346732592_thumb.jp

Hey, very nice and cozy! Thanks for sharing your work, as I know that you take pride in what you do, and making our Toys our own is what it is all about! Great job!

Your remodel looks lovely. I'd like to know more about the bench to bed conversion. When you convert the bench seat to a bed, what type of support do you have under the pulled out portion of the bed? Is the bed, made of plywood under the cushion? Thanks for the info. Sue

that is an awsome job im starting mine now.like how the top bunk looks like a bedroom sweet job..

Your remodel looks lovely. I'd like to know more about the bench to bed conversion. When you convert the bench seat to a bed, what type of support do you have under the pulled out portion of the bed? Is the bed, made of plywood under the cushion? Thanks for the info. Sue

Sue,

When I pull out the seat bottom it slides into brackets that keep the pulled out portion from tipping when you sit on it. Then I have a long narrow piece of plywood that fits between the seat bottom and the wall to support the small cushion that fits there. The board hides behind the back cushions when not in use. I used 3/4 inch plywood for the seat, reinforced the box and installed several additional supports for the seat. From all reports so far it's very comfortable. Can take more pics of the underpinnings if you are interested.

Barb

• 1 year later...

Hi

took mine out last year if i remember it 6 screws. had some 6mm plywood lieing around which fitted with no cutting. i used some 3x3 to make a support to run along wall. used same size to make mini legs to make a frame to hold plywood. as fresh water tank is under former folding bed. hardest bit was getting folding bed out through door.

When I took mine out, I unbolted the back and the seat from the frame and took it out in three sections. I didn't have any help, so I don't think I could have gotten it out the door in one piece, by myself. In pieces, it was pretty easy. Has anyone used the frames and re stuffed them, for something more comfortable? I was thinking about doing that, but I would really like to be able to access the underneath, so I scratched that idea. The water pump is going, and when I took the sofa out, I found a big crack in the water hose to the tank, and my floor was all wet. Not too much damage, but glad I found it.

Marshie

Edited by Marshie