Type of adhesive to use to sandwich luan, styrofoam, interior ceiling panel?

RTardis

Hello all; We have just begun a total redo of our 1990 Odyssey with hopes to hit the road full time next summer. We have gutted the interior, except the range and refrigerator, and are now working on replacing some wood rot in the overhead cab cone area. We have fiberglass sides and a rubber roof sandwich, rubber-luan-styrofoam-interior ceiling panel. What type of glue is best to use to adhere the luan to styrofoam to ceiling panel? Thanks to all who respond to the first of what will be gazillion questions. :) So happy to find this forum and all the great information.

Most adhesives will burn/eat foam. Get one that says for foam board available in caulking tube. But dont use it on anything else as it doesn't hold as well as standard polyurethane adhesive such as pl-400. Good luck on rebuild I did the same on my Shasta.

Heres a link to my rebuild.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=1928&st=0&p=8761&hl=+burnt%20+shasta&fromsearch=1entry8761

Hello all; We have just begun a total redo of our 1990 Odyssey with hopes to hit the road full time next summer. We have gutted the interior, except the range and refrigerator, and are now working on replacing some wood rot in the overhead cab cone area. We have fiberglass sides and a rubber roof sandwich, rubber-luan-styrofoam-interior ceiling panel. What type of glue is best to use to adhere the luan to styrofoam to ceiling panel? Thanks to all who respond to the first of what will be gazillion questions. :) So happy to find this forum and all the great information.

For really long lasting hold I would glue furring strips to the luan every 12 to 18 in with heavy duty construction glue Foam safe adhesive to tack the foam up between the strips. Then heavy duty construction glue to attach the ceiling panel to the wood strips. Original roof was probably fused under high pressure like laminate construction. You don't have those capabilities so need to find another way to make it solid.

Linda S