Evaporative Air Conditioner

RHS

I did some "horse trading" for roof ac unit that is evaporative with 12 vdc fan. It is fed water through 1/4" tube that turned on & off by a float. I do not like listening to a generator but there are times when a little cooling while camping in some locations would be nice. I t would be much like operating furnace with 12 v fan. It is a RECAIR model 12B3. Has any one used such a unit ? How well does it work?

thanks

I never used one in an RV, but used them in houses. They work great at high altitude desert climates. Above 2000 ft with relative humidity down around 20%.

They wouldn't do anything in Florida.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I had one before, it was a portable used in a canvas room off a 5th wheel trailer. It worked real well, but that was in Nevada by Lake Mead where the Humidity was low, and my apartment in Tucson had a central "Swamp Cooler" instead of A/C and again it was low humidity and worked well. As Waiter said, in Florida, and I'll add the summer in the entire south, the upper mid-west and mid-eastern coast where humidity is above 60 to 70%, it would not function too well, as there would not be much ability of effective evaporation when the air is so damp. However, if ya plan to travel the southwest you should be fine

• 2 weeks later...

RHS as i live in eastern wash state also would agree the standerd evap cooler also known as a swamp cooler many in use around here dry and 100 here all time frend of myn bought a dodge winabago had one of those on it for remote camping anywher east of the cascades good to have.