We just joined the Dolphin world!

raw191

I've been a fan of these for years, and just got one for our family. It's a 1980 Dolphin 300-T Housecar. It's already had the dually "problem" fixed. Is one with a "tag" axle kind of rare? I've never seen one set up this way....

post-6360-0-27870400-1342816773_thumb.jp

have only seen one other but it didn't say dolphin on it, was for sale in a little town named Gustine, CA. what is the length, looks a little longer than one with dualies, mine is 21 supposedly :o)

I believe this was the set up for the 1980 dolphin, many I have seen that were 1980 have had the tag axle. Welcome to the wonderful world of the TOYHOME!

Interesting.

I used to haave a 79 dolphin 500, and I now have a 85 dolphin 300

and I also looked at an 82 dolphin 300.

none of the other dolphins I saw or owned had thaat tag axle.

neither of the dolphin 300s i owned or looked at had 2 small windows ( on each side) but had big windows on each side.

The 79 I had, had 2 small windows on both sides and 1 large window on one side ( not including the cab)

the 79 also had that curved out large top window.

anyhow great. Nice rig. We both have a dolphin 300 were in the club!

btw mine is called a 21 foot, but measures to 20 ft exactly, bumper to bumper.

Both dolphins exactly the same

Anyhow most things in my 85 were an upgrade from my 79, however not the windows. The 79 came with more, bigger and better windows. Tinted too.

Ok, this was the offerings in 1980 for the Dolphin line-up, here ya go....post-5603-0-63467200-1342907376_thumb.jp

Here are just a few tag-axle Dolly's I found from a quick search, one even appears to be a 1979 cab:

post-5603-0-18253100-1342907417_thumb.jppost-5603-0-48306400-1342907431_thumb.jppost-5603-0-32833100-1342907463_thumb.jp

From all indications, I believe you should be assured, it's an actual 1980 300 Tag Dolphin, windows and all,. Peace!

My 84 Dolphin 300 looks about the same as your 80, just on the newer Toyota truck model. I really like having the entrance door to kitchen and bath in the back, with living & sleeping space further forward. While at family camp, we can seat 7 people around our dining table to eat or play cards. And that's not even counting the little ones sitting up in the bunk. On a rainy day, that's quite a blessing, indeed! :D

Oh, yeah! I love my tinted, bubble front bunk window, too. No leaks anywhere on this Toyhouse. B)

Tudy & "Cricket" in Minnesota

The windows are nicer.

But in 85 the dolphin 300 has a 22re, auto transmission, Ride Right air bags, front air.

It doesnt have the 6 lug rear yet, but mine does changed in a recall.

complicated tank monitoring system. Anyway, its a big big year for toyhomes. Wouldnt trade. But that bubble top tinted window is good no doubt about it.

Mine has 22r with 4spd. Cab air, but no air bags. Monitor panel. My axel was recalled and has 6 lug, now. Nothing fancy. It needs reapholstering of 2 capt chairs and sofa. They are still awful brown/tan herculan material. Right now, I just have nice throws over them. Put in a new Dometic fridge, so we can enjoy ice cream on the road. :P

well 22re from an 84 22r is 15 hp and 5 lb ft tq. Nothing beats that upgrade. Now unfortuantaly they usually make you have an auto trans so that deadens it a little.

But 10-15% more power? Hell ya. No carbeurator? Hell ya. Im almost sure it get 2 mpg more also.

Id swear every carburated vehicle Ive ever owned ran great when tuned up and like crap the oother 99% of the time.

The tank monitoring system is different. Its better, not like some um switch back and forth for this and that but a seperate little blip. im fairly sure all the tanks are larger too.