Got another one

stamar

well, I got the 79 dolphin 500 about 2 months ago

I bought it for $300.

I put im going to say, 400$ into it. all just maintenance and tuning things related to getting it smogged.

shocks, trans and ddiff fluids.

etc.

sold it for $2900. and I felt like that was too low seeing as they were in high demand.

Ok but i did love it.

So i found another one, not as cheap. its an 85 and i should pick it up monday.

Its hard to find motorhomes for cheap in the summer. Hard but I can still do it. This one is the one I keep I think. a little more powern with the 22r

woo hoo im happy.

sounds like a nice flip.

the 85 is likely bigger, heavier and has the auto. you will probably find that the 4 speed 20R was a rocketship next to this one.

so, where do i find these 300 toyhouses in need of a little regular maintenance?

wow well yes this one is bigger.

It is actaully 1 foot longer.

It is dirtier inside definitely,, needs an all over steam cleaning.

However it is the rocket ship, reaching 70 mph on the flats. whereas the 20r carbeurated got to 60. It also gets 20 mpg.

I know a lot of people say that, but i just did a highway stretch on the 101, 19.8 mpg whereas the 20r got 16.6

I hate auto transmissions but this one actually gets better gas mileage, it has overdrive.

thats astounding. I never measured the 79 after all my tuneups though, its at a disadvantage.

This has airbags.... LOVE THEM the rear end needs to be way high like that.

this one also has the six lug real dually, and the five lug fronts.

this new one has some rust. Overall i like this new one so much better but it has a few things worse than the old one. The old one didnt have much rust and was nicer inside, and iit had a huge overhead ac.

This one I have a feeling I coulld sell tommorow for 4000, and more than double my money.

But I should keep it.

as far as flipping cars this summer has been ridiculous ive made over 1500 a week for 6 weeks. The motorhome, the 79 was never intended to sell but i just had one force showing me it would sell for 3k and fast, and then another voice telling me I could find a better one for 1500 in oregon still.( excellent place to buy an rv, other than they are rustier than cali)

This one has the efi and its so much more powerful. could never go back, the old one has literally nothing going for it in my eyes.

just to give you a um.... comparison.

I also have a toyota previa. it has a 2.4 liter dohc supercharged 160/190 engine.

and it gets 22 on entirely freeway. it only weighs 3800 lbs. It is already sold but I still have it. I contemplated converting it to a touring camper......

and it surely does go faster dont gget me wrong, way faster. much easier to manuver. Its apples and oranges.

But it has barely enough space to actually put 1 twin mattress, it barely gets better highway mileage. compared to the huge motorhome with all the space and cabinets and propane and a toilet etc .

as far as how to get a motorhome for $300

well Ill just say they exist. Regularly. Like, just about weekly I buy a vehicle and when it sells I make thousands, just like the motorhome. The motorhome was my 2nd best score of the summer next to the previa i got for $450 and sold for 2800, and all i did was change the trans fluid 3 times and shine it up.

So on the one hand they exist. On craigslist.

On the other hand Im a pro and im in a corner of the world wheres theres not as much competition as most other places. Even though it just happened to me 6 times dont count on it ever happeneing to you, or more like a few times in your life.

How I find them would take a long time to explain, and its also for someone whos a pro at used cars who can spot an expensive problem in a 1 minute test drive and never get burned.

and also spot a problem that is cheap but confuses dumb people ( like dirty transmission fluid)

I have my favorite vehicles, but im definitely seeing toyota motorhome as almost the apex vehicle

the same vehicle, a mid 80s toyota motorhome in functional but beater state sells for 1500 and 8000 in the same year. almost all of them are low mileage.

I feel like, buy all of them if you can store them and paint the rust spots white. when someone wants one they really want one.

its 20 hp/ 10 lb ft of tq difference

the weight difference im not really sure.hundreds of pounds though. Im not sure why but it reaches 70.

that 4th gear in the 4 speed is just not right

this one climbs hills much better. basically speeds by the other rvs up the hills. its really almost perfect. I can see how the v6 is better but i think the efi 2.4 is the best engine for this purpose.for reliability and for gas mileage.

431968_411644802204834_877980145_n.jpg

has a giant awning obviously from a bigger motorhome.

292433_411645672204747_1026594684_n.jpg

not sure how i feel about these seats, they do have seat belts though

I think i want some covers for them anyone know a cheap source for covers for seats like these?