Northern California gatherings 2012 summer or fall?

hawk

Derrel's invite to the Kenetic Race sounded interesting. Unfortunately, I can't make that weekend, or I'd go. I'm itching for a maiden trip in my "new" '90 Winne. But it got me to wondering if he or others are planning any encampments for the summer or fall of this year somewhere in the northern part of the state or even southern Oregon? I'm on the East Side of the Sierra, near Mammoth Lakes. My travel is very weather dependent. If it snows, all the passes in the middle of the state close for the winter; although, I can get over the crest by going way north or way south. Hawk.

sort of started wondering if the fall one in santa cruz mountains would be happening again this year. last year we already had plans. i know it early to start talking about it but i am any way.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Felton run at Smithwoods RV park has been on the OCT 15/16th weekend the last 2 years. We have attended both of the last 2 and am loking foreward to doing it again this year, hopefully our Dolphin will be much improved by then :)

vanman

I called Smithwoods and was told it's on for the Oct 19/20 and they have already rented 5 or so sites so we got the same one as last year. Did I miss a post on this ??? The same sites along the river have been set aside for us as in past years.

vanman

Calling smithwoods today to make reservations. Maybe all those going could get on this series of posts so we all know who is going, where coming from, year and make of their toy. Also some of the fixes we have done so others thinking about doing something similar would have a chance to talk to those who have done it and see the results. I for one hopes to talk to someone who has done a shower repair, ie walls replaced. This will be our first time to any gathering and looking forward to meeting others on this site. We are planning on going on the train into the redwoods on saturday out of Felton. BTW, they recommend not using HWY 9, it's a good recommedation, have driven HWY9 many times in a car. It's beautiful, just too dangerous for me to drive the motor home on. imo.

Randy

Coming from Stevinson, 30 miles south of Modesto.

1989 V6 Toyota Dolphin, rear bath.

Wall air conditioner

800 watt inverter for entertainment.

Shocks.

Vent covers.

New stereo/CD planyer.

AC refrigertor to replace dead 2 way.

Flat screen on swing out mount.

• 1 month later...

Never been to this park, but have a good idea where it is. If you could get to the other side of the river, it wouldn't be that far of a walk. Maybe only 3/4 mile crow's flight. Maybe 2 miles walking if you go up Hwy9 and then cut through HCowells Park at the bridge. There must be buses that travel up Hwy9 too.

Sounds like a fun time! We're having our annual Pajaro vs. Spring Hills Dorie Cup golf tournament this weekend down in Watsonville, othewise would stop in and say hi to Greg and the crew. Friday might be a good day to go for a walk in HCowells and stop by for a bit though.

i have two 12volt tv/vcr combo sets i would give away if anyone could use one. they don't have digital turners, they are old school but work good. if anyone will be at the felton gathering and would like one let me know and i'll bring it along.

Trying one more time. also wondering if we should be planning for "wine and cheese" night as well as "pot luck" night. Maybe all those going could get on this series of posts so we all know who is going, where coming from, year and make of their toy. Also some of the fixes we have done so others thinking about doing something similar would have a chance to talk to those who have done it and see the results. I for one hopes to talk to someone who has done a shower repair, ie walls replaced. This will be our first time to any gathering and looking forward to meeting others on this site. We are planning on going on the train into the redwoods on saturday out of Felton. BTW, they recommend not using HWY 9, it's a good recommedation, have driven HWY9 many times in a car. It's beautiful, just too dangerous for me to drive the motor home on. imo.

Randy

Coming from Stevinson, 30 miles south of Modesto.

1989 V6 Toyota Dolphin, rear bath.

Wall air conditioner

800 watt inverter for entertainment.

Shocks.

Vent covers.

New stereo/CD planyer.

AC refrigertor to replace dead 2 way.

Flat screen on swing out mount