Anybody use these scooters

ShaggyRV

Hello all:

I'm thinking about purchasing a Super Turbo Elite scooter for myself and the little woman. Has anyone here used them? They are small and would fit somewhere in the RV during transit I'm sure. Here's the link to thier website. They sell them on amazon and have great reviews. If you have one or a good alternative to recommend let me know.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://superscootersales.com/&sa=U&ei=_dOmT_O3C5TfgQfJ5PDUAQ&ved=0CCIQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNEjmGYi48V2p5iyVROMOq5_WpcgpA

Heheh... yep. I have two 1000 watt scoots, they are AWESOME. I got both of mine delivered to my door for $800 total though; these are a grand a piece. Glad to know I got a good deal.

Heheh... yep. I have two 1000 watt scoots, they are AWESOME. I got both of mine delivered to my door for $800 total though; these are a grand a piece. Glad to know I got a good deal.

Would you mind sharing your source or is it classified?

http://toyotamotorho...album&album=335

Now I will say this;

the ones Craig sells are 1000 w 36 volt systems that are SLA and do not have the fancy headlight; i simply added my own 275 lumen Cree light instead (much brighter) for $13 bucks from DX (an online chinese electronic dealer)..

SLA batteries are much cheaper and easier to source.

Lose a balancer on a chinese Lithium battery you basically have a 70 LBS paperweight for 3 months. Lose a battery on SLA, just go to wallmart; they are wheelchair batts.

Should I ever want to upgrade to Lithium I can always hit PING and drop another 600 for a pair of batteries.

http://toyotamotorho...album&album=335

Now I will say this;

the ones Craig sells are 1000 w 36 volt systems that are SLA and do not have the fancy headlight; i simply added my own 275 lumen Cree light instead (much brighter) for $13 bucks from DX (an online chinese electronic dealer)..

SLA batteries are much cheaper and easier to source.

Lose a balancer on a chinese Lithium battery you basically have a 70 LBS paperweight for 3 months. Lose a battery on SLA, just go to wallmart; they are wheelchair batts.

Should I ever want to upgrade to Lithium I can always hit PING and drop another 600 for a pair of batteries.

totem:

So how long have you had your scooters? have you had any issues? Are the power, speed and range up to what they claim? These two companies seem to have a beef with each other. The super turbo 800 elite is simalarly priced as the 1000 model you have. Same batteries etc. I just don't want to buy a headache. We are going to Key West in the Toyhome I recently got and want to use them to ride into town etc.

I can't speak for how others would or would not use these scooters. I can only tell you what my wife and I have done with them; which is drive around bourbon street in Nawlins, cruised campground to Cave at Catherdral Caverns (STEEP), used them to trick or treat cruise our daughter, used them for cruising out into State lands for hunting drop off and pickup (VERY NICE DOESNT DISTURB the bambi), trail ridden them in state lands and I often taken mine to stores for this in thats as well as cruise the cave christmas lights at The Kentucky Mega Cavern. I am 215 at 6 feet, wife is 5' 7" at XXX lbs (sorry had to censor for her). We have had absolutely 0 problems and never run out of "juice". I did purposely ride them to almost empty to check range and I got what was claimed maybe more as i rode an 18 hole golf course.

Now hey man, If you are pushing 350 plus then all bets are off. Also, mechanic abilities are a must to tighten down the mounts; always crimp fittings tight with vise grips before tightening and you will have No problems. If you want to go spend 2k on the same units with lithium batteries be my guest.

I have read stories of folks driving them into holes and getting hurt; I guess just like toy homes there are the right and wrong way to ride. but for a small battery powered scooter the ones I have will do 30 MPH or more easily. As for the legality I added "peddles" to mine (see the pictures. by having the peddle bolts it qualifies as e bike. Most states have no rules on them. There is an internet site that shows e bike rules.) Most states are friendly. the few that aren't I wont visit anyway for other reasons; much like I have no desire to visit certain countries...

hehehe just saw the site of yours trashtalking on craigs scoots. what a joke. check craigs video comparing the 800 watt to his 1000 SLA. it gets left in the dust. Craigs 1000 watt is the middle ground without paying $1000 I guarantee you they both get them off of ali baba anyway from same companies in china.

No matter how 'big' those scooter sellers say their tires are, I just can't imagine one of them hitting one of our World Class potholes without launching me over the handlebars. Plus I don't know if you can legally ride them on the road here.

They arent big; in fact thats what makes them fun; they can fold and easily fit in a geo metros trunk.. OR on a small hitch carrier. Are the better than Bicycles? I think so. maybe not better tha n true ebikes but thier turf tires allow things to be done outside of the norm. you just need to use them. At deer camp we actually used them to move multiple 5 gallon water jugs buy laying a couple planks across two of them and driving in tandem. they oddly seemed to become a makeshift Gator. I can tell you not carrying all those 5 gallon suckers was awesome and I will admit right now; so was the black eye i got when i biffed off of one at 3 AM after a few too many beers in the dark. totally awesome.

They arent big; in fact thats what makes them fun; they can fold and easily fit in a geo metros trunk.. OR on a small hitch carrier. Are the better than Bicycles? I think so. maybe not better tha n true ebikes but thier turf tires allow things to be done outside of the norm. you just need to use them. At deer camp we actually used them to move multiple 5 gallon water jugs buy laying a couple planks across two of them and driving in tandem. they oddly seemed to become a makeshift Gator. I can tell you not carrying all those 5 gallon suckers was awesome and I will admit right now; so was the black eye i got when i biffed off of one at 3 AM after a few too many beers in the dark. totally awesome.

Totem:

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I need to come to deer camp with you! Seems like my kind of crowd. I am planning to buy 2 for my upcoming trip. Alot of places rent scooters in Key west for getting around. I am planning to stay at Sigsbee which is the military campground. My only concern there is if I have to go through a gate there the MP's will require me to wear too much safety gear in all that heat. Might have to stay elsewhere if thats the case. I am a firm bliever in safety but the military bases require reflective vests. Boots and such which sucks if ya just want to put around town. I am also towing my Kawasaki Concours on a light single rail trailer but I don't want to ride that for short trips and errands. I will be upgrading to 4.88 gears before the trip and have a welder buudy who is gonns beef things up for me and put on a hitch. Tongue weight will 100lbs or so. Total weight of bike and trailer will be just over 800lbs. The scooters will probably be inside the Toybox for the trip. Where are you located? Anyway thanks again!!

Paul

Totem:

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I need to come to deer camp with you! Seems like my kind of crowd. I am planning to buy 2 for my upcoming trip. Alot of places rent scooters in Key west for getting around. I am planning to stay at Sigsbee which is the military campground. My only concern there is if I have to go through a gate there the MP's will require me to wear too much safety gear in all that heat. Might have to stay elsewhere if thats the case. I am a firm bliever in safety but the military bases require reflective vests. Boots and such which sucks if ya just want to put around town. I am also towing my Kawasaki Concours on a light single rail trailer but I don't want to ride that for short trips and errands. I will be upgrading to 4.88 gears before the trip and have a welder buudy who is gonns beef things up for me and put on a hitch. Tongue weight will 100lbs or so. Total weight of bike and trailer will be just over 800lbs. The scooters will probably be inside the Toybox for the trip. Where are you located? Anyway thanks again!!

Paul

LOL these would be fantastic for downtown cruises in key west. theres never any parking; but yes you do need to be careful. These things are straight silent, maybe even more silent than a bicycle. by the time people swing around to look at you you have passed them and are a quarter mile away in 30 seconds. If I were to visit a base; I'd tell them I was demoing a prototype personnel carrier and mount some camo on it.. hehe

• 2 months later...

Another scooter update:

Wife and I rode the scoots from the Midwest toyota rally campground 3 miles in to the Dells Broadway and then all over the place and back over across the river. We had the kids in tow behind one (one of those bicycle kid trailers) attached to the one the wife was riding and it worked AWESOME. We kept them at half throttle only going 15 Mph max and traveled about 25 miles. The scooters were between yellow and red when we rolled in; so this for sure is the max distance they are capable of with the stock Lead Acid batteries. Not bad at all.

we found many places along the way when we stopped for lunch and a Dells boat tour that let us chain up right next to and plug into their outlet too, so the 25 mile figure does have a couple hours of charge time giving back to the total.

One thing to also note; this trip pretty much trashed my 1 1/4 Hitch Cargo carrier and 1.25 inch to 2 inch adpator so I have ordered a 2 inch one and will be ditching the adaptor and running the 2 inch carrier (all aluminum from harbor freight) on the next trip; Yellowstone.