R&R the frig

Decided to pull the Norcold frig out of our 1990 Spirit and have it repaired. "How tough could it be to remove" I asked myself. Pulled the door, perimeter screws, access plate from the bottom. Outside, make the gas and elec. disconnects. Labeled the wires. Pulled ground wire and screw from wood and flange mount. Still can't slide it out. What am I missing ?????

That was next. The manual shows installation, but in a very broad stroke. I just don't want to pry so hard as to damage the cabanit. Figure I'm miss-en

that "no see em" fastener

Have you looked on the net to see if you can find the 'Installation Instructions' for your model fridge? Might provide some clues.

Just the 4 in front. Looked on that plate in back on the bottom, and three holes, only one had the ground wire, the other two were empty.....

mine had screws around the front as well as back. on the back side they were into the floor. you'll find them all eventually.

Decided to pull the Norcold frig out of our 1990 Spirit and have it repaired. "How tough could it be to remove" I asked myself. Pulled the door, perimeter screws, access plate from the bottom. Outside, make the gas and elec. disconnects. Labeled the wires. Pulled ground wire and screw from wood and flange mount. Still can't slide it out. What am I missing ?????

I am guessing that you have an ITASCA spirit. There is a 120v outlet back there - you may find that one of it's mounting screws is the culprit.

I just removed my refrigerator and ran into the same problem. Turns out that it was just plain stuck in place. After 27 years the foam weatherstripping around the inside edge of the front had just deteriorated and, over the years, some liquids had been spilled on the counter and run over the edge and down the front making the refrigerator even more stuck in place. If you're sure all the fastenings and wires are disconnected, try pulling a little harder while wiggling side to side. Wiggling the refrigerator, that is...

John