Mouse eaten water lines above the black water tank?

campergal

Campergal here. We got our new 1988 toy dolphin home finally and filled the water tank to test the system. I turned on the pump and heard a strong "spray" leaking sound behind the shower wall. Water began to leak on the ground. Looked under the carriage and water was streaming around the black water tank with the brackets on it. How can we access the water lines to replace them. It looks to me llike we may need to take the black water tank off or should we break open the shower, which in this toy is located mid chassis. Thanks folks!

You need to find out where the leak is.

You may be able to see something by looking up from the water heater area inside the coach, or mine has a access door on the outside that allowed me to see the bottom of the pipes going to the shower faucet ( and pick up parts that I dropped when replacing the shower faucet).

If it is the shower faucet needs to be replaced, you will have to cut the paneling on the kitchen side.

Waiter has an excellent write-up on this

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3837&st=0&p=21235&hl=shower&fromsearch=1entry21235

Cheers

Mid chassis means rear dinette. There is a closet next to the bathroom right? Whats under that closet or does it go to the floor. My Sunrader has the bathroom behind the drivers seat and I can see the water lines if I remove the drawers beneath the closet. Even if you have to cut out a piece of wood from the closet wall it's still better than tearing out the bathroom.

Linda S

Campergal here. We got our new 1988 toy dolphin home finally and filled the water tank to test the system. I turned on the pump and heard a strong "spray" leaking sound behind the shower wall. Water began to leak on the ground. Looked under the carriage and water was streaming around the black water tank with the brackets on it. How can we access the water lines to replace them. It looks to me llike we may need to take the black water tank off or should we break open the shower, which in this toy is located mid chassis. Thanks folks!

had a similar situation. water ran out from under the coach. mine happened to be under the couch where the lines split to go to the shower and sink. i removed the couch and found the broken fitting. i have model 800, rear bathroom, shower on driver side, couch on driver side above axle between the stove to the shower. at least on mine all the pressured lines are accessible, not always easily, from the inside. once you find the problem check out the apex type fittings for repairs, worked great for me.

Probably a split line due to freezing. However, make sure the "T" winterization drain valves are closed. If you don't know about these, they can easily be mistaken for massive water leaks (They are under the stove in my 900 model. pull out to drain, push in to seal (They are also notorious for leaking o-rings)

Also I have a door on the outside that I can inspect the lower shower plumbing,

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Thank you I'll check that out! Campergal.

You need to find out where the leak is.

You may be able to see something by looking up from the water heater area inside the coach, or mine has a access door on the outside that allowed me to see the bottom of the pipes going to the shower faucet ( and pick up parts that I dropped when replacing the shower faucet).

If it is the shower faucet needs to be replaced, you will have to cut the paneling on the kitchen side.

Waiter has an excellent write-up on this

http://toyotamotorho...h=1

Cheers

Thank you Derek, Yes it is a 500 and thank you for the 1985 toyota manual. You wouldn't happen to know where I can get an owners manual for the 500 1988? We'll be posting pics soon. Campergal.

It sounds like you have a Dolphin 500. You might have to cut access holes inside your wardrobe.

Thanks Linda, We'll check that out. You have the same interior I have. So I have some hope that this doesn't need to be as bad as I imagine. I'll post the results.

Mid chassis means rear dinette. There is a closet next to the bathroom right? Whats under that closet or does it go to the floor. My Sunrader has the bathroom behind the drivers seat and I can see the water lines if I remove the drawers beneath the closet. Even if you have to cut out a piece of wood from the closet wall it's still better than tearing out the bathroom.

Linda S

You wouldn't happen to know where I can get an owners manual for the 500 1988?

I'm positive you won't find one specifically for a 1988 500. At best, you'll find a pretty generic manual that's possibly not even Toyota MH specific. So pretty much if you read a few manuals for different brands, you'll get the idea pretty quickly. All he appliances/systems you should be able to find online with Google.

I went around and wrote down all the make and model numbers of the appliances, then went to this and other web sites, downloaded and printed the manuals I could find. I placed all these in a folder and keep in the truck.

The Dolphin and Seabreeze are almost identical ( built by same company), Almost all the MHs are close, maybe not in exact components, but in general concept.

Look on this site and also on the Group site, I think they have a couple "Dolphin" manuals but I don't remember the years. Again, they don't need to be exact.

The Manual I have is a generic "National" manual that coveres all their models (Chevy, Ford, Toyota and Datsun), look on the last page very bottom has a part number ""9/83 5M" This might be the year (1983), However, everything in the manual is close to what I have (1988)

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Guess I should have looked sooner, but from the Files here:-

http://toyotamotorho...1_48_530695.pdf

NOTE:-

This appears to be a 1983 Owners Manual. The GVWR is lower, tire sizes different and tire pressures way too low. The lug nut torque is also too low. Should be (from memory) 140ft-lb for wheels on the 1-Ton axle.