Toyota Factory Service Manuals for electrical (cab portion) worth their weight in gold

MAXXFabrication

I do quite a bit of wiring as some of you know (engine swaps into varies vehicles) and if you dont already own a wiring manual for your truck, you should.

Not the cheap Haynes/Chilton manuals with the black and white stick figure wire drawings but a genuine Toyota Factory service manual. even if you dont work on your own car your mechanic will thank you for loaning it to him when trouble shooting etc. on your trucks, these are very comprehensive- color coded wiring with each system broken down into chapters (like headlights , gauges, engine run system, Etc.) with an introductory layout of each system (wire colors and where they go to) and then an explanation of what each wire should do then lastly the values (resistance or - + amount of voltage) each wire should read under different circumstances.

if you are intimidated by wiring dont be, Toyotas wiring manuals will have you understanding all of it in a very short time. (no need to learn all systems, just what you would be repairing!! ) in less than a weekend you could wire an engine from a Toyota to run and function in a different vehicle.

Our older manuals easily sourced on Ebay or just searching online, alot of dealers dump their older books and some resale shops pick them up, for about 15-20 dollars more than a corner auto store sells a Haynes/Chilton for you can have a much higher quality wiring breakdown (yes, you wouldnt get all the generic fixit tips for other parts- that why you get a factory manual for those as well!!rolleyes.gif) of your truck. they are nice to have with an older truck beginning to have wiring gremlins on occasion.

I have the 1988 and 1985 manuals on my web site you can download them. They are a very large pdf file so be patient. The 88 is about 85 meg and the 85 is about 55 meg.

1988 FSM

1985 FSM

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Might as well post this to keep everything together:-

"How To Keep Your Toyota Pickup Alive"

step-by-step procedures for the complete idiot for 1975-1987/2 & 4WD

by Larry Owens

http://www.hiluxsurf...ead.php?t=68806

A shame it was never (that I know of) updated to cover the V6 and 1-Ton DRW chassis.

I've yet to come across a FSM covering older (pre-'85) Toyotas. Closest I've found is the '78 'Maintenance Procedures':-

http://f1.grp.yahoof...78toyotafsm.pdf

Well Derek i did have the complete set of 1977 78 fsm books ems control . service spec, 20rmoter body and chassis. but the body and chassis books covered my 20 r corona wagen which my son rolled begin ing drivers aways know everthing. but they were nice to have later i had a 1978 truck and then the 1978 18 foot minmax but as i just sold the minimax and i thru in all my vintage toyota books soory out of stock.

Might as well post this to keep everything together:-

"How To Keep Your Toyota Pickup Alive"

step-by-step procedures for the complete idiot for 1975-1987/2 & 4WD

by Larry Owens

http://www.hiluxsurf...ead.php?t=68806

A shame it was never (that I know of) updated to cover the V6 and 1-Ton DRW chassis.

I've yet to come across a FSM covering older (pre-'85) Toyotas. Closest I've found is the '78 'Maintenance Procedures':-

http://f1.grp.yahoof...78toyotafsm.pdf

LOL, Derek are the search kind!! I own the how to keep your Toyota alive book, too funny